Clone Disk Not Working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jam, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam

jam Guest

I downloaded the True Image 8 trial version. I am trying to clone the hard drive in my HP a250n computer with Windows XP home edition. 1 gigabyte of ram. The hard drive contains two partitions (C: (NFTS windows, programs, etc. and D: FAT32 Recovery) to a new hard drive. Both the old and new drives are identical Western Digital 120 gig drives. I have Goback (v 3.2) installed on the old drive, but I disabled it before attempting to clone the drive. I selected Disk Clone, Automatic, and selected the old and new hard drive. I get a summary of 4 operations:
    1. Clearing hard disk 2
    2. Hard disk 1 - > 2, Drive letter D (Fat 32), etc.
    3. (Reboot required) Hard disk 1 - > 2, Drive letter C (NFTS), etc.
    4. Copying MBR

The process begins, my computer restarts and, I get the following information on the screen:
    Analyzing partitions ##### 100%
    Locking partitions ##### 100%
    checking partitions ### 50%

Within seconds I suddenly get a new screen stating:
    Congratulations you have successfully completed the hard drive cloning procedure, etc.
    Press any key to shut down you computer.

Needless to say the disc cloning procedure hasn't happened.

Can you help me resolve this problem. I have seen good reviews of the program and am interested in purchasing it if I can find out what is going wrong.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jam,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please find the build number as it is shown here. It should be 937. If it is not then please redownload the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 from our web site and see if the problem still persists with the latest (937) build of the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0.

Please also check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility. Use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send the collected files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.