Clone Disc, results in Blue Screen, no boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by I.do.PID, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I.do.PID

I.do.PID Registered Member

I must be doing something wrong, please help.

I have a HP Pavilion ZE4800 notebook. I bought another, and want to clone the drive, so I can just grab and go with a backup unit, if I trash one.

I tried to do a Clone Disk, by putting the blank drive into a external drive "caddy" connected via USB. I selected clone, and wanted to keep the partions the same, as I have "softkeys" that I do not want lost.

Once I install the "cloned" drive from the caddy into the notebook, the notebook just powers up then crashes. I have tried to pick safe mode, but that doesn't work either. I have tried a boot disk, but it only gets to the XP screen, then right away flashes the blue screen, then starts over again.

If I look at the drive from the caddy, all of the programs are there, and Windows looks intact.

I have even tried to boot from the Windows XP cd, then try to repair the OS, to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.