Clients updating too often

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bllester, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bllester

bllester Registered Member

I am running NOD 32 v2 at our office and the clients are being prompted to update multiple times a day. Where are the settings for this action?

Thanks in advance,
    brandon

2. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

LOL I love when i see NOD32 popups with a new update unless you want to keep your Anti-Virus out of date :p

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

By default NOD32 will look for available updates as soon as you boot up and then once an hour as long as the computer is turned on.

There have been as many as 7 in a single day.

Thank you,
    BFG

4. bllester

I want the server to update it's definition every hour. But it's prompting my clients to install every hour too. Can I either set it to only update to the clients every X hours, or set it to auto update to the clients without prompting?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Weren't there as many as 8 in a single day , BFG ? :)

@ bllester

Yes , it is possible . By default NOD32 automatically update itself and doesn't ask for permission but it seems your settings have been changed .

You need to open NOD32 Control Center -> Update -> press "Setup" button
    In the section Type of update , choose the "Change" button. Now make sure your settings are like in this picture :

upd.png

Confirm with OK.
    Note! If your office is a big one and if you use RA/ERA , you can change this setting through the Configuration editor , as well . This settings is again in the Update section of the xml editor.

6. bllester

That is all confirmed on the client side. I am not having an issue finding the name to put into the config on the client "remote connection" field. It's not taking the name of the server, I am trying the IP now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.