Clients not appearing in clients list...

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by AMinocom, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMinocom

AMinocom Registered Member

Still struggling through a trial of NOD Business Edition.

Everything seems to be installed OK.
    We've created an update Mirror, a RA Server, packages, config files etc.

I have even managed to roll-out the client software to three different machines.
    However that was nearly an hour ago, but under "clients" on the server only one client is listed.
    There doesn't seem to be any way to manually add a client.
    Any reason why after a push-install that client doesn't appear in the database?

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Just a thought. After the installation of the other machines, the computer was rebooted right?

I had a similar issue at my office with 2 of the machines not showing up after the install finished. I rebooted them and they showed up just fine afterwards.

3. AMinocom

One of the two that isn't currently showing is actually a "Virtual Windows" running under VMWare.
    That has been restarted and doesn't want to appear in the list.

I'll force a reboot on the other machines I rolled out to shortly and see if that makes a difference.

Ta

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I personally have not ever tried doing that setup, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Just make sure the clients have their NOD32 configured to point back to the server for Remote Administration.

Also, just to be sure, in the RA Console, go to Tools | Server Options and verify that the license has the correct number of workstations. It'll say "Number of clients: # (# left)" so make sure there are enough spots for all clients to connect.
    I only say this because I"ve seen it happen before. ;)

5. AMinocom

Thanks for your reply.
    It was late yesterday when I posted, so this morning I've investigated further.

I have created a new package through the "Packages" button.
    I added the two latest installers - 32bit & 64bit (3.0.672.0).

Earlier I created a config.xml file using the configuration editor and I "Select" that file for the package.
    However that information doesn't seem to be transfered to the client during install.

Example:
    I push my "Package" out to two workstations.
    Under connect to RAS server it remains greyed out on the client, even though in the config file I tell it exactly where it needs to connect.
    Under "Update" on the client that too is set to default, even though in the config file I have specified the http:// path.

If on the client we now manually edit those sections then within two minutes the client appears in the list - perfect.
    However for some reason the /xml file I've created and apparently associated with this "package" doesn't seem to make it to the client.

6. AMinocom

Argh - I just cannot help feeling that the Eset solution just isn't up to the standard of the Symantec one :(

The problem in the post above still exists - so if anyone can advise on how to get the .xml file to actually be associated with the "Push Install" package correctly that would be most appreciated.

On two more client machines I've manualy added the RAS & Update information so they are now correctly talking to the RAS server.
    However they have virus definitions dated from August 2008, the server has the latest definitions on.
    The clients are communicating every five minutes, they say they are "fully protected" yet they cannot update their definitions - no error messages appearing.

I know the ESET software is better than the Symantec stuff.
    However thge Symantec server side of things simply works - no messing about.
    If anyone from ESET is reading, if you get the server side of things refined you'll have a great solution.
    It just needs to work "out of the box".

7. XN04113

XN04113 Registered Member

Do you try to update via http?
    1. http update activated on the server?
    2. correct http update server entry at the client?
    3. scheduled update task with exisiting profile/setting?
    4. proxy setting deactivated at client update setup?

regards
    mike

8. wayneweir

wayneweir Registered Member

If I am not mistaken the trial version only shows 2 users in the console. I did the 30 day trial on 5 users here and only 2 would show. I also had a similar issue once I bought the product with a few users not showing. I had the port number wrong.

9. wayneweir

wayneweir Registered Member

I pushed the xml config file by assigning a task to the clients. In the console, I right clicked on a user, go to new task, and choose configuration task.
    There you can select the XML file and choose every client by moving them to the list of recipients. Its pretty easy once you get it all set up.

10. LFITServices

LFITServices Registered Member

Was there any resolution with this? I am having the same issue with a new install. FYI, you cannot push out updates using the 'Tasks' unless the workstations are checking in which is the problem. They are not checking in because the profile it pushes out is NOT the custom one I have configured which has the server name in it.

I know this is some setting I am missing somewhere. In older versions when making a install package I could add my config to the package. Now with the newer version is is grayed out where it says "Edit/Select configuration associated with this package.

Very frustrated. Been combing through this for days. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

11. LFITServices

LFITServices Registered Member

ok, it appears I created a 'Custom Package' which does not allow you to add a policy. ?? So I used ESET Security Products Package' under Type and was allowed to add my policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.