Clients dont show up when trying to push install

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Eclipse99fwb, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

Sorry about the length, just trying to be as detailed as possible.

Ok we finally updated our own RAS/RAC to the new 2.0 versions. Well it seems installed right, its going to get its updates as usual. The only thing is when I go to create a install package, the only thing showing up under my domain is the Server. None of the clients appear under the domain they are suppose to be. When I go to the clients tab, I can see all the networked computers. I've been trying to update three of the computers to Version 3.0, since they have 2.7 still. I went to my boss's computer, we updated that manually to NOD32 3.0 BE, pointed it towards the server and nothing. Tried to get the server to force it to update, it tells me it is sucessful yet he still is on update 2706, yet the RAS is at 2707. Of course when we go to push the install (remind you I'm logged in as the domain Admin, so I know that's not the problem) (also have tried check/unchecking the box down below the window where your network is listed when choosing what domain your clients are in, can't remember right now what the box said but it something about looking in the server) this was the error we got last night when we tried: SC Code 6, GLE 64, which was Could not set up IPC connection to target computer. Nothing has changed settings wise, everything that needs to be enabled on the target computer is. It worked great with no problems when we were running the older RAS/RAC. I really need help, cause I need to get this fixed today, and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out. I can't understand why the computers show up under the clients tab, yet when I go to push a install they aren't found. Even when I add the computers name to push the install too, I get that error message. Any help would be greatly appericated!

Edit: yes the mirror is enabled too, I have literaly went step by step through the whole Manual and the built in help file. I'm at a complete lost....

Edit again: I can ping all the computers from the server, and vice versa. Windows Firewall is off of course, Shared Resources is allowed, and I know the TCP/IP protcol is installed. The only thing I can possible think of might be causing the issue is our Outpost Firewall pro, but what gets me is, it wasn't doing this at all when running the older RAS/RAC.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  2. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I had a similar problem trying to upgrade my workstation. I had a vpn client and it wouldn't allow me to install it. I thought maybe because I was trying to upgrade it, so I unistalled it and that didn't work. I also went through the registry and the folder under program files and deleted it. I had a vpn client installed on it and I believe that wasn't causing my problems. I think there were others that had similar issue. Maybe because of the RAS client?

3. Eclipse99fwb

I know we don't use a VPN program, actually I had a client who I made a post about a week ago about the VPN conflict. That I already have reported to ESET about. This is just very strange because, the earlier version of RAS/RAC was working fine, and we haven't changed anything. It just is really frustrating because we not only sale NOD32, but I provide support for EAV/ESS, and for me not to be able to figure this out, sucks. I just can't figure it out, none of my clients who are using the Business edition have had any issue like this, I'm just worried I'm going to get a call on this and not know how to fix it. Thanks for your reply, this site has saved me so much trouble in the past, there are some extremely intelligent people on here.

4. Eclipse99fwb

problem fixed, was a network issue, nothing to do with Nod32

for anyone who has this kind of same problem, make sure you have File & Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks enabled. This option can be found here Control Panel>Network Connections>%Your Network%>Properties. That and Windows Firewall disabled. Also with Outpost Firewall Pro, not sure about any others, you can leave this running and it should still install, just the Client will need to allow the program to run, it pops up forgot what the pop up says exactly though.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  5. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

I can't help with the Network issues. Everything on last nights push went flawlessly for me. I had one computer returning the above error despite multiple push attempts.

I happened to be watching this older slower computer during the inital push and the reboot appeared to occur before the installation had finished. I used the qb! and reboot="force" command line options. Whenever this computer rebooted the new Splash screen would appear but hang and there was nothing listed in Add/Remove programs. There was an ESET service set to manual on this computer that was not running. ESET Remote Installation or something similar. I manually started this service and the installation fired up and completed and everything is fine now.

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    In the RAC, when you do a push install..it browses from My Network Places...so basic network functionality must exist first. Often DNS related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.