Client starts in Snap deploy agent, eventhough it's already deployed

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Hanna, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanna

Hanna Registered Member

I've had my test environment, with 3 clients (ASUS Barebones) and my laptop as the deployment server. Well, disregarding the problems I've got with WOL i have the problem that even if I just send the deployment to 2 clients in my test domain, all 3 of them start in the snap deploy agent...this is a big problem as we wanna deploy the image to over 50 clients in one night, so the users can continue working the next morning. The configuration on the PXE Server are the following: Snap deploy agent is set to start automatically on the hard disk. I understood that this setting will boot the clien into snap agent if there is a shedulded deployment if not it will start the OS...Any suggestions?

Rgds
    - Hanna

2. Hanna

Hanna Registered Member

well i've actually found the solution myself with help from the Acronis Support team. They told me it's a problem with the actual built (german) the new built (in english already available) doesn't seem to have this problem...

3. Andrew4728

Andrew4728 Registered Member

I just recently downloaded the trial of snap deploy 3 to try out, and I am having same problem as you are. I assume the latest version is what acronis sent me.

Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console (build 3183).

Were there any settings you had to configure? Thanks.

4. Andrew4728

Andrew4728 Registered Member

I found the settings that are supposed to make this work. When you configure PXE server, you want to set the acronis boot agent to BOOT FROM HDD automatically and the clients will boot from HD after a timeout that you configure. Then if you schedule a task in the server, it is supposed to TUNE the agent to that deploy server and overwrite the BOOT FROM HDD setting. Once the deploy is done, it is supposed to use the default setting of BOOT FROM HDD. Everything is working for me EXCEPT FOR THE BOOT FROM HDD setting. I have tried different timeout settings, such as the default of 10, 2, 60. I can't get the dang thing to auto boot from HDD. Everything else is working ok. Please let me know if anyone knows why this might be happening. I am going to remove the PXE server again and reinstall and see if that helps.

Also, I have tried reconfiguring PXE, then turning PXE off in the acronis console, going into services and RESTARTING the acronis PXE service, then restarting PXE in the acronis console with no success.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.