Clickjacking

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by John Bull, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I work always inside Sandboxie with AVG9 as my AV and Comodo Firewall Pro as my Firewall, with NoScript as my flash protection. It is a good combination, never had any trouble. All problems in the sandbox never leave it and are deleted on FF shut down.

The other night I had two warning panels come up, one from AVG and one from NoScript saying there was a Clickjacking attempt being made. Big deal, I simply shut down and shot the attempt down the toilet.

A full scan afterwards was clean.

Q : Have you any comments on Clickjacking ?
    Have you experienced it ? How do you protect against it ?
    Is it really anything to worry about ?
    This matter on the net seems unanswered and confused with no conclusion.

As said, my barrier is ; Sandboxie + NoScript + AVG9 + Comodo Firewall Pro.
    It looks good.

John B

2. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

May be you should read this..http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9115818/FAQ_Clickjacking_should_you_be_worried_

3. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

brainrb1 - thanks a lot for the reply.

I had already seen that article as well as others and found them informative, but nothing more. The writers appear to be confused as to what threat exactly Clickjacking poses. It all left me with no useful conclusions and under the impression that the problem is so new that nobody has sorted it out yet.

Apart from only hearing about Clickjacking when I got tabbed two days ago, I am no further forward on the subject, just happy that my trusted minders will kill such attacks on sight.

That is why I posted on Wilders, to see what comes out of our knowledge bank. I have always found that our members come up with an abundance of information and help, far better than can be found trolling around the net.

I just hope there are sufficient responses.

John B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.