cliantMan

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by trish303, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trish303

trish303 Guest

I have gotten ClientMan on my computer 2X within the past several months. Both times, it immediately disabled and corrupted my spywareguard. After removing it from my system (with spybot s&D), I re-install spywareguard. Has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to prevent it from attacking spywareguard? I actually 'saw' it the first time it popped onto the computer. there was a flash on the screen so I knew something happened. I checked immediately, and that is what was found. I'm not sure if my spyware blaster is corupted or not - it says it won't update - so either it is corrupted, or the update is 'down' - I will just re-install both of them to be sure they are operational.
    any thoughts?
    Thx!
    Trish303

2. spydespiser

spydespiser Registered Member

Hi trish303 :)

have you used the immunize function in SpyBot?

Do you have Spywareblaster
    Spywareblaster
    download,
    update
    select all
    protect

Hope this is of use

SpyD :cool:

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi trish303,

Although I use and like SpywareGuard very much, I don´t think it is considered such a big threat by Clientman that they would follow in viruses footsteps and disable safety programs such as SpywareGuard.
    Clientman does however use multiple Browser Helper Objects and SpywareGuard uses one as well.

There could be a conflict between those.

Could you post your HijackThis log
    Download, Unzip and run HijackThis. Then click Scan > Save log, save the log as a .txt file and copy & paste its content into your next post.
    Don´t fix anything yet. Most of what it finds is harmless.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.