Cleanmem 1.5.1 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Thankful, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This should be the standard behavior, and also understand the subject, before criticize something, but we all know that this doesn't happen... :)

2. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

From the article author himself, again, useless on Windows 7. Keep using the waste of time if you wish.

4. doc77

doc77 Registered Member

that basher should try the program before criticizing! :D

5. elapsed

Why? Since when does life go by "buy then criticize". Do you ignore all the negative comments on online shops and buy a product just to try it? Do you ignore that person saying "Don't buy that car, it's brake system isn't good". "Try before criticizing" is for the people that don't know better, or haven't been tough about the product in question/how the product works/performs.

Maybe I should go download a virus so I can try it before coming to the conclusion that it's a virus? Since after all, the only way I know it's a virus is because other people say so. Where's the point in trusting them?

Products like this are heavily negatively criticized for a reason my friend. But if you think they're all wrong and you're right, that's fine, enjoy it. I never told you to stop using it, but I will protest against people saying it's a useful product, because it simply isn't.

edit: The sooner people stop loading up their OS's with so many 3rd party "utilities" which are a waste of time the sooner you will realize how much better your OS performs.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

First of all, Cleanmem is free and definitely not a virus.
    Secondly, have you read the comments about CleanMem?

How can you say it's not an useful product when you've never tried it?

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I have an idea, why don't we all stop arguing over the thing, those who want to use it, do so, the rest of us who understand it's a waste of time and does absolutely nothing that buying an extra stick of RAM or so wouldn't do, just keep not using it and move on? Come on guys, we're not talking major vendor stuff here, it's some little 3rd party "feel good" application that lets people with crap machines still use them (albeit still slow as cold molasses), and lazy people continue to be lazy. Bah, who bloody cares anymore?

8. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

It's very interesting to read the posts that assail CleanMem. Arguments? Developer "can't form a sentance with proper grammar to understand the implications of such a program."; they say things that CleanMem doesn't do like "use simply increases the odds your system will hit the page file"; evidences that anyone in the topic never denied (even the developer in their homepage), like OS "have superfetch and completely different memory management".

CleanMem works with the OS'Memory Management - never against it! Like anyone can test easily...

Why to use CleanMem? Why to use EditPad? Why to use CCleaner instead DiskCleanUp? Why Avast instead MSE? Because people aren't computers but people simply - respect them even when you have an expertise knowledge and have experts sentences like "it's a waste of time and does absolutely nothing". Too much expertise is - too much...

The topic is about CleanMem - e.g., their performance, if it does the work without damage OS'action. It is not posters feelings about - definitely.

9. elapsed

I'll go with this.

10. doc77

doc77 Registered Member

elapsed, sarcasm doesn't go well on this forum, I was being sarcastic in my last post after reading the authors post about how useful this app is on Windows 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.