Cleaning up for Friends - My new pastime

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by richrf, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

PG slowed my computer to a crawl, therefore I uninstalled it. Somehow I didnt like it much :doubt:

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Firecat,

On my XP system (2.5 GHz, 512MB), ProcessGuard barely shows itself. Of the security products that I have run, the biggest resource usage was MS AS, followed by BOClean (probably because of the PG conflict), followed by Ewido. I usually do not run the ATs in real-time anymore, so my system is basically dead unless I am doing something in FireFox. As I speak, I went into Windows Task Manager, and zero CPU is being used.

I think I noticed once on my machine that PG was usintg 99% or something like that. It was after (or during) a Windows Update and I had not turned off PG. The only other reason I can think of that PG caused the heavy resource usage, is if my some chance, it had pushed your virtual memory into a trashing condition - something I highly doubt.

Rich

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Maybe its just that I need to reformat and start clean - this current installation of WinXP Home has been through three different soundcards, as well as two different AVs, plus some other hardware changes. I am pretty sure I cleaned out most of the unwanted stuff, but you never know what remains.....:doubt:

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

True. In my case, I did a complete reinstall (this was after the NAV disaster about a year or so ago) and after that I took a clean image copy using Image for DOS. Then I put my security products on including KAV and PG, and then I took another image copy. So my machine was pretty clean when I installed.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.