cleaning temporary internet files

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Ron Solomon, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Solomon

Ron Solomon Guest

Hello, group,

I can't seem to get MRU Blaster to get rid of the cookies in my temporary internet files folder. I'm using Windows 98 SE and MRU Blaster version 1.5. I have configured the plug-in correctly (I think). Is this behavior normal for this program?

Thanx,
    Ron

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

If you have set MRU-Blaster to use both the Cookie-Blaster Plug-in and the Temporary Internet Files Cleaner plug-in, the cookie files in your Temporary Internet Files folder should disappear after a reboot.

In many cases, those aren't real cookie files at all, but pointers to the associated cookie files in your Cookies folder (which the Cookie-Blaster plug-in would clean). After a reboot, MRU-Blaster will have cleared your index.dat files, and your system should no longer show those cookie files/pointers. (If you choose not to use the Cookie-Blaster MRU-Blaster plug-in, they may still appear.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Ron Solomon

Ron Solomon Guest

Ah. That explains some things. But if I do not have the cookie blaster turned on, with MRU blaster still clean the index.dat file at boot-up?

Ron

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

MRU-Blaster will clean the Cookies folder index.dat file if you have the Cookie-Blaster plug-in enabled, the Temporary Internet Files folder index.dat file if you have the Temporary Internet Files Cleaner plug-in enabled, and both index.dat files if you have both plug-ins enabled.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.