clean up Acronis Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bearnez, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearnez

bearnez Registered Member

Hi all ,

i have installed the v11 version@home , i made complete backup in the secure zone then an incremental from the complete and later , another incremental from the complete

so i want to delete the first incremental backup i made , how can i delete backup inside the secure zone

thanks for all

bearnez

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Once set up and running the secure zone manages backup images on the FIFO basis. It is necessary to feed the zone with at least two full images for this to kick in.

So the answer to your question is that there is no way to manually delete an increment that you do not need. Indeed if this were possible all subsequent increments would be invalid. The best plan would be to run a second full image backup and the earlier ones will automatically be recycled.

Xpilot

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bearnez,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Secure Zone operates on following principles:
    • If there is not enough free space in the zone to create a backup, the program deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental/differential backups.
    • If there is only one full backup (with subsequent incremental/differential backups) left and a full backup is in progress, then the old full backup and incremental/differential backups are deleted.
    • Otherwise, (only one full backup left, and an incremental/differential backup is in progress) you will get a message about space error. In that case you will have to either re-create the full backup or increase Acronis Secure Zone.

As pointed by Xpilot, there is no way to manually delete archives stored in Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.