clean install of builds

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

TI recommends uninstalling a previous build completely and then installing the new build.
    Would the scheduled tasks remain intact? Otherwise one has to go on SCHEDULING one's scheduled tasks everytime there is a new build. :eek:

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I was unaware that Acronis recommended uninstalling previous builds. When installing a new build there is an option to Update the previous install so I assume that takes care of everything. Yes/No?

My schedules have never been altered or deleted by installing over the previous build. In fact, there have been no install problems at all. :)
    Cheers
    John

3. 2budbeer

2budbeer Registered Member

SCAA
    I'm not sure were you read you had to uninstall before updating?
    When I updated I did not because I found this statement in the TI FAQ's.

"Do I need to uninstall the existing version of Acronis True Image 8.0 prior to installing the latest update or the full version I purchased?
    No. You can install the latest update or the full version of Acronis True Image 8.0 over the existing version. To do this, run the installation program and select "Repair/Upgrade Acronis True Image" option."

Hope this helps.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

You may install the new build over the old one. The installation from scratch is recommended as a workaround if the installation of the latest build doesn't go smoothly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

If someone did need to carry out a clean reinstall would it be o.k. to backup the "C:\Documents and Setting\(user name)\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts" folder first and copy it back again immediately after the reinstall? My thinking behind this is that if it works it will preserve the previously prepared schedules that scaa mentions.

Regards
    Tom

6. Acronis Support

Hello Tom,

The method you described would not work because the scripts itselves contain very little information. Currently it is impossible to transfer scheduled tasks when you reinstall Acronis True Image from scratch. However, all these tasks will remain if you update/upgrade Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thanks for clearing that point up for me Ilya.

Kind regards
    Tom

8. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I had got the information from the READ BEFORE YOU POST THREAD image of which I am attaching.Any corrections/clarification?

Attached Files:

9. Acronis Support

Hello scaa,

Please note that the quotation you posted applies to those who has got problems with Acronis software as it is mentioned in the beginning ("If you face a problem with Acronis software..."). It is in accordance with my previous post that you may install the latest build over the older one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Oooops, did not notice that part, SORRRRY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.