Clam AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

how do you install this? there page is confusing? is it like normal AV home pc ? o_O

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Its an On demand scanner, also the CW engine is used in MoonSecue-Antivirus, maybe you have better luck with them, also MoonSecure has a realtime scanner, so maybe go with that one even thou i wouldent recomend either of them.

3. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

I use ClamWin Portable as second-opinion scanner, both locally in my PC and when visiting people. I use Windows systems only, mind you.

It's easy to use, just setup/extract to a folder, no drivers/services etc. installed that could interfere with installed security software.

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable

It does lack background protection for example. Currently no Clam derivate IMHO corresponds to normal AV usable at home. They still have a loong way to go.

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

maddawgz,

I did recommend this in a thread the other day, but I explicitly said that it has no on-access protection. The thing with that thread was that you didn't say what kind of AV you need, you just said "I need a free light AV". Be specific please. Does it have to have a real-time scanner? Or you're perhaps looking for a "second-opinion" AV on your system? What do you consider to be a "normal" home AV?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.