CIS with zemana antilogger?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kedhay, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedhay

kedhay Registered Member

I am currently using CIS with hips disabled, i'm wondering if using zemana antilogger(paid) would be worth it? or is it an overkill?

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I'm interested in this as well. As they both get along on my PC.

3. guest

guest Guest

Keep CIS and install HitmanPro Alert

there is an overlap between Zemana an CIS HIPS, but then you can get free what zemana does and CIS don't installing HitmanPro Alert and or Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Zemana is more silent that CIS HIPS because it protects only against few things related with spying... CIS HIPS covers everything.

On top of that CIS 7 Beta brings a huge improvement in the behaviour blocker area (Virus Scope). https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=359214

You might find this interesting
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2334627&postcount=2

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Solarlynx

Will it be correct to say the same with respect to Online Armor free HIPS?

Thank you.

5. guest

guest Guest

Yes, but I'm not sure if OA HIPS is as configurable as CIS HIPS

6. Solarlynx

Thank you. This reassures me to go on using it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

In what way is CIS HIPS more configurable than OA? These images show the HIPS options that OA has. These images do no include the options OA has to protect files, registry, autoruns, keyloggers, Host File, etc..

Attached Files:

• OA.jpg
      OA.jpg
      File size:
      115.5 KB
      Views:
    • OA1.jpg
      OA1.jpg
      File size:
      62.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Solarlynx

Oh, thank you. I didn't know that. I've edited my previous post. I guess these questions are for "Ask" option, aren't they?

BTW what do you think to have "Clear unknown programs on reboot" checked. Is it OK?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Cutting_Edgetech

I have not used clear unknown programs on boot in a long time so I would recommend you try that option for yourself. There's always potential for conflict. If it has a question mark by it then that means ask the user each time before executing.

10. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Are you saying that OA free does have those settings? (screenshot 1)

11. Solarlynx

Ok, thanks.

12. Solarlynx

Mine OA free has them.

13. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Ok,thanks.

14. guest

guest Guest

It can protect COM interfaces for example? can you manually add more?

If you do the same in CIS for an exe you have much more options to allow or block different actions.
    http://help.comodo.com/uploads/Como...b5ec22bac72d2d8816/cis_hips_rules1_122112.png
    http://help.comodo.com/uploads/Como...b5ec22bac72d2d8816/cis_hips_rules7_122112.png
    http://help.comodo.com/uploads/Como...44ae73555a5b4b2cc5d81c102/cis_as_defense3.png

On top of that the development of CIS is much more active, OA is not a priority for Emsisoft, and they dedicate the minimum effort to keep it compatible and alive.

15. Cutting_Edgetech

Development for Comodo FW is more active, but Comodo has always been very buggy for me. I have repeatedly tried using Comodo only to be let down each time. I always have the same problem with Comodo. It cannot remember rules so it repeatedly flags the same action over, and over again. I tried Comodo 3 months ago, and it prompted me for the same action repeatedly. I actually sit there for over almost 5 minutes choosing to allow, and remember my action for the same executable. I chose each time to create an allow remember rule, but Comodo only continued to prompt me for the same action indefinitely. Finally I chose the option to not remember my action (I don't remember how they word that option), and then Comodo no longer prompted me for the same action. I was like what the hell! I have to choose the exact opposite of what I want in order to make Comodo create an allow remember rule. I have not had a good experience with Comodo in a long time. Have you experienced the same or similar issues with Comdo? I have tried using them for years with the same result each time.

Thanks for the Screen shots. I will look into protecting COM object. I'm pretty sure OA does that, but maybe not the same way Comodo does. I'm a member of the testing corner at Emsisoft. I only test online armor for the most part. Do you have anymore questions for them that I might ask? I can ask Andrew, or Fabian about this. Also, i'm sorry for the late reply! I have not been online the last few days.

16. Cutting_Edgetech

Wow, I just started downloading Comdo Firewall to see how it was doing now, and the installer is 202 mbs! Why is the installer so large?

17. Solarlynx

may be there's virus def. db there? it's 150 mb.

18. Solarlynx

btw :thumb:

19. Cutting_Edgetech

Maybe, when I chose to download the installer from Comodo's website it redirected me to download.com for the installer. I hate downloading anything from download.com anymore. You never know what kind of bloatware/crapware they might bundle with the installer.

20. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Because of the bloat. (Note: The sigs is not included in the download.)
    Actual CIS installer is just 51.99 Mb.
    The remaining 150.1 Mb is just for COMODO Dragon (38.65 Mb), Geekbuddy (24.71 Mb), Privdog (12.22 Mb), Yandex Search (28.91 Mb), for the remaining bytes, I don't know what it's for.

Now blame the fanboys for wanting all this to be integrated in the installer.

21. Cutting_Edgetech

IMO, that is not good practice to bundle everything together. Why make the user download all that when all they want to try is the Firewall, and HIPS. It could also be that they want to try one of the other features like Comodo Dragon so why make them download everything else to try it lol

22. Cutting_Edgetech

Btw.. i'm not trying to bash Comodo. I think they have some good products. I still use Comodo Killswitch. No one product is for everyone.

23. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Yeah, I think it is a good idea that COMODO Killswitch is the one included, instead of the other bloat. Instead, they decided that if one were to open Killswitch in the GUI, it would first download Killswitch. lol. Sometimes I don't understand the reasoning of other people. :D

24. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Nope.
    It is Comodo's decision to include all that in the installer.

25. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Bad decision I would say :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.