CIS v5 Release

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by blacknight, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I don't think:

1 Defense+ must anyway to be setted at the highest level.
    2 here: http://forums.comodo.com/install-se...ation-the-hasslefree-way-cis-5x-t61645.0.html rightly explain that " a) expert in the use of CIS and b) looking to achieve the absolute maximum level of security, should probably still switch off the automatic sandbox and use a more tailored manual approach to installation and configuration. " = so, it must exist the option in 4v that I refer.

I'm not registered in Comdo forum: if someone could to post my question, he would be very kind and useful....

2. Morro

Morro Registered Member

That is something i would like to know as well. What is the difference between those two?

3. guest

guest Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  4. guest

guest Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks guest for themes info. These look cool and nice.

6. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Has anyone tried it with wireless devices?? The last time that I tried Comodo v.4 it put my wireless keyboard and wireless mouse in the sandbox and I could do anything but push the power button and boot into safe mode to uninstall it. Since I don't have a regular mouse and keyboard.

Thanks.:)

7. Morro

Morro Registered Member

8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

my logitech wireless mouse works completely fine, no issues with it connecting to my computer

9. guest

guest Guest

If you try and you still have the problem, please report it so they can fix the issue.

10. Shaoran

Shaoran Registered Member

11. guest

guest Guest

Read this: http://forums.comodo.com/news-annou...35-released-t61661.0.html;msg435259#msg435259

12. guest

guest Guest

Have you reported this to egemen?

13. Shaoran

Shaoran Registered Member

I already report this issue in may : http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t56353.0.html
    You can't fix it totally, except with a better handle of safe file or in paranoia mode.

14. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

15. lws

lws Registered Member

16. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Auto-sandboxing still doesn't virtualize registry and file system writes. Manual sandboxing works fine. Am I the only one with this problem?

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

that is risky man for registry changes man,it works good here but in your case is diferent,what about the executable files like exe,dll, etc etc?

18. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

I'm really liking CIS5 so far, but I was just wondering, is it adequate to keep me safe/protected while doing online banking/bill paying? If so, are there any specific settings I need to utilize to take advantage of that protection, at least while engaging in those specific activities? Or are there other specific applications I need to add to CIS to be adequately protected for these purposes?

Thanks ahead of time for your input!

19. guest

guest Guest

CIS will protect you from almost any malware banking or not, anyway if you want to be sure and you want an specific protection for the browser I would recommend you to try Prevx SafeOnline Free
    http://www.prevx.com/safebook.asp

20. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Well I think that CIS automatically sandbox all unknown processes so in theory you should be OK. However, the best protection for online banking is to use a Linux Live CD and peace of mind will automatically come. :D

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Thanks.

21. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

D+ can hadle better to protect the keyboard in real time:thumb:
    and if you are very scare get the D+ in paranoid mode:)

22. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I installed the firewall only and so far it is ok except for being a major PITA because of resource use every time I go from page to page on the internet. The picture below is my start up and getting here to this wilders page. I have prevx and Avast excluded in Comodo. Just going page to page shoots up the Comodo resource usage to 50%+ CPU. What the hell is Comodo doing? And why does it have to jump up that high just going to another page? This will be stopping very soon, either with Comodo or without. I like the firewall but this is just ridiculous. I've already rebooted a couple times as well. Just sitting on this page idle has Comodo scanning something like crazy.

Attached Files:

23. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

are you using comodo antivirus?

24. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

try this :) Disable avast services and reboot;) then tell me how is running:)

25. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

As recommended Prevx SOL is a good supplement to CIS,they work well together.Also you can 'harden' your browser by creating a custom rule for it,which will mitigate against a lot of stuff.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.