CIS V5 public beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kjdemuth, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzydice45

Fuzzydice45 Registered Member

What cloud capabilities have been built into D+?
    Just whitelisting or...?

Thanks

2. burebista

burebista Registered Member

I have it at home on Seven x64 and at work on XP x32 SP3. Until now no problems. :thumb:

3. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

It's not about having nothing intelligent to add.
    It looks like Comodo IS is clearly made for the lifelong tweakers on earth.

v4 is just a few months out of beta, they obviously are to lazy to work on updates for it, and prefer to draw lots of attention again (which is the main reason for this "brand new" version), and we will not be surprised that people will have to start from bare scratch once again.

This is not a problem for people that don't use their computer as they should anyway, it's clearly made foe people who simply enjoy starting from scratch again any few months.

What about the users that spend weeks/months of making their rulesets as fine as they could ?

It's completely clear that this program is not made to be taken serious, they never update anything, people have to start from zero every time again, and that's Comodo's main point of interest, drawing attention with "something brand new"......

4. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

This software, and others like it, is made for users that love and enjoy security, and know are to accomplish it. For the other users, there are the avs, or some all in one suite that sets all by itself. :D :cool:

5. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi,

If you can't use it or don't want to use it, feel free to switch to another product. There are many good security suites available to suit the needs of everyone.

Regards

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  6. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi,

You can enable cloud AV and cloud BB in D+ if you want.

Check out this review to have a better understanding.

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN6JDpYQjdM-

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5_dhmaZi2c-

Regards

7. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

In these videos,seems that Comodo AV flags all legitimate file downloads as viruses.....:eek:

-http://www.youtube.com/user/silviucc#p/a/7B72A339880CE9F6/1/whlGr34j8So-
    -http://www.youtube.com/user/silviucc#p/a/7B72A339880CE9F6/0/7U_YIFEGxzo-

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Ummmm... what? I'm talking about the default settings being very odd and low in terms of protection - how does your message make any sense referring to what my point actually is and has been all the time?

In any case, my query is like mentioned; is there any reason why the protection settings are so low by default, referring to no specified limitation for Image Execution Control (Partially Limited, Limited, Restricted, etc.), no sandbox enabled (the heart of the new features in v4) and D+ not monitoring Computer, nor Keyboard.

In comparison v4 monitored all areas in D+, and obviously sandboxing was always enabled. I don't even know how protective the Partially Limited-setting is, and then that feature is not even enabled by default either! You'd think the threshold would be set even higher in v5, referring to the whitelisting technologies and general advancements for example, but instead it's set to even lower.

9. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...bug-reports-t59791.0.html;msg420389#msg420389

I believe this is the source of the problem :)

10. burebista

burebista Registered Member

I dunno, CIS 5 Beta 2 and I just downloaded MBAM and CCleaner from filehippo and everything was fine. o_O
    Firefox, AV stateful, FW/D+ Safe Mode, sandbox enabled Proactive Mode on XP x32 SP3.

11. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I really believe this is their best version yet. It's clear this product is going in the right direction. The only issue I have encountered is the icon not showing on boot-up on my win7 64 pc. However, the security center says everything is on and working.

Ice

12. MisterMooth

MisterMooth Registered Member

Because you installed it as "Optimum Protection".

Install the firewall with "Maximum Protection" and the sandbox and everything is enabled by default. It's what I'm using now.

13. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Well, to be fair .. default is with AV included, in which case everything is at max.
    But you opted not to install AV and install Firewall only with Optimum protection.
    But in any case, after reboot, you can set it to max. with just one click (Proactive configuration)

14. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Okay, thanks for the answers guys, and my apologies if I seemed too heated up when I wrote my message.

I suppose the suite is using the AV, now with different cloud technologies, in order to verify files as a first line of defense, hence maxed settings when included?

Thanks

15. JoeBlack40

Ok,installed on a VM and the AV update hangs at 5%.Anybody with this issue?
    Thanks LagerX.

16. Melchi501

Melchi501 Registered Member

I'm using it without the AV. The D+ and the cloud catch every zero-day malwares in my personal test. Very stable in my system. Beautiful baby:p

17. MisterMooth

Same here. It's perfect.

18. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

I've installed it with AV but running it now with AV disabled.
    Not that I found any issues with AV, but don't feel like I need it with sandbox and D+, cloud checking is a bonus :)
    Have to agree, it's perfect :thumb:

19. guest

guest Guest

How can I have a file analyzed in the cloud? I cant find the option

20. MisterMooth

From the Unrecognized Files window. Manually add the program you want analyzed, if you need to.

21. guest

guest Guest

But how can I see the report? I mean I have submited files I have Lookup them but I can read any report about the results

22. MisterMooth

You'll only see a report only if you try to run a program that's already been classified as malicious.

23. goroflack

goroflack Registered Member

Actually you could submit it to there online service http://camas.comodo.com/ and it will give you the report if you want it through the program then like the person above me said requires it to be classified as malware already.

24. JoeBlack40

Installed today on my laptop,and all i can say is that for me CIS 5 is more fast,more responsive and quite a little bit more stable than version 4.If the things will remain like this,it will definitely be a winner for me,no matter how many free licenses i have for another paid products.Good job Comodo!:thumb:
    PS.On my real machine,no more update problems.

25. icr

icr Registered Member

One questions to all the comodo v5 users

After the installation of comodo does it requires to download the whole 80+MB of database updates or can be updated by applying the bases manually?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.