CIS Firewall VPN + uTorrent tutorial?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by php111, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. php111

php111 Registered Member

Hey everyone,

I know folks will see my questions over at the Comodo forums, and everyone will see it here at Wilders as well. I'm not going to copy/paste, so the wording will be different. If I am in the wrong section posting then please forgive me, and move the topic to a new location.

I have been searching for free VPN's for uTorrent, and I live in the USA where they catch more for sharing copyright. I won't talk about that. I found a n00bs thread about using a VPN at a FileSharing forum. I was reading that Comodo Firewall is really secure even with the most paranoid.

1.) Does CIS Firewall offer a VPN? Or could I be reading that I need a VPN then configure it in the Firewall?

2.) If I have to get a VPN. Would VPNReactor (free) be good for this? Yes, it is based in the USA which I might need a free one that's based probably based in Amsterdam that would be free?

3.) Are there any tutorials to configure this CIS Firewall VPN with using uTorrent? For some reason I always like following tutorials.

Thank you,

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

The Comodo Firewall does not include a VPN. I haven't used the free VPNReactor so don't know how suitable it is for you. Since you mentioned uTorrent I'm thinking you want to download large files. Most free VPNs have data caps. Regarding configuration, using a VPN with Comodo Firewall is transparent - when you establish the VPN connection the firewall detects it as a new network. You classify the network (Home, Publc, etc) and you're done. I don't use uTorrent though and can't confirm that it doesn't require additional configuring. I do use Comodo Firewall with a VPN for security over open wifi in cafes and that works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.