CIS Complete w/ Avast questions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have the Comodo Internet Security Complete ready to install but would like to try Avast free version antivirus instead of the one provided by Comodo. And I had a few questions.

Is anyone else trying this combo? Are there any special tricks I should know for installation or use? Is it better to just use the av included in the Comodo suite instead of messing with a different av?

I like Avast and I like the extra features of Comodo Complete for my laptop that always connects via wifi which is why I like the combo.

My laptop's operating system is Vista Basic.

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

comodos AV really isnt all that bad its gained alot so far i think. but version 5 holds alot to show we will have to see.

id say use the whole suite but thats just me. i also do like avast5 free so id be in the same boat as you :)

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You can use both as long as Comodo AV's real-time is disabled (or Avast's File System Shield).

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

did any one try this combo with xp?any isues?thanks

5. icr

icr Registered Member

I agree with what Brocke Comodo's AV isn't that bad I also agree it has fair amount of FPs but I guess you have fair enough knowledge to differentiate between a FP and a real threat:) (Otherwise you won't be at wilders;) )

6. Whats up with Comodo AV? :)

And with CIS v5 coming... detection will get even better with Cloud Based AV & Cloud Based Behavior Blocker. :) Comodo AV detection is good even now though. :)

7. eugene91

eugene91 Registered Member

Im currently using CIS Complete with Immunet Protect Free :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.