CIS 6.2.xxxx Releases!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by spywar, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Re: CIS 6.2.282872.2847 Released!

Well atleast they are paying attention to bypasses now..but the bypass was since v6.1 was it actually beein under fixing since then and what about stuxnet,duqu and flame vulnerability that was reported ages ago and still not fixed :rolleyes:

Well I am not complaining,but happy to see they are trying to improve.

2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

So,it seems that CIS virtualized itself...and the problem with VK wasn't fixed...disappointing again.

Attached Files:

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The virtualized browser was causing the intrusion logs to go through the roof .
    I dont think i shall try this version again as the av performance was too heavy on the cpu.
    I have returned to something i know works.:thumb:

4. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

Can you install the firewall only, without the buggy virtualization thingy?

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

No..the virtual kiosk and virtual browsing come with the firewall only and full suite.:)

6. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Yes.
    After installing you can choose to install/activate KillSwitch and other components.

Observation #1
    When installing make sure to use Custom Install (so as to make sure you'll only have the FW)

Observation #2
    Reboot twice (this can be a very temperamental software)

7. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

If you mean the Virtual Kiosk then it installed only if you press on its button. If you mean the Sandbox then it is with all installers: CIS, CAV, CF and you can't install the FW without it.

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Never had much luck with comodo is in the past ,but trying it again (instead of quihoo 360 and outpost firewall which works brilliantly) because im a sucker for trying new things.I used custom install and didnt want the geekbudy thing or the comodo dns or the kiosk chrome browser thing.I followed the instructions here
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm
    for configuring not really knowing what half the options do so im trusting the poster there.Whats users view s on these settings?One thing ..well two things...
    1.How do i get the realtime av to ask me for an action?.Its currently auto removing stuff and i cant find an option to ask me..
    2.How do i get behaviour blocker to ask me for an action on sandboxing?.Its set to auto sandbox at moment.If its unticked will it then ask or just not sandbox at all without any notifications?.
    ta

9. siketa

siketa Registered Member

1)Go to Advanced Settings-Antivirus...there is a checkbox option for autoquarantine. Turn it off..
    2)Turn on HIPS

10. ellison64

Thanks...one last thing.I use sticky passwords which uses autofill through extension addon in firefox.Im trying to get that to work when firefox is sandboxed with no luck at the moment.Ive trusted sticky password folder in settings but it still wont work when firefox is sandboxed.Any suggestions appreciated.

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Ellison- I've found that this new version has made the setup guides for previous builds of little value. To answer some of your questions:

1). To made the AV let you know what is going on: Open the GUI and click on Tasks (upper right). Click open advanced settings. Click Security Settings, then Antivirus, then Realtime Scan. Uncheck the Do Not Show AV alert box.

Test with eicar.

2). Regarding the Autosandbox level, DO NOT use the default (partially limited). Use instead either Untrusted or Full Virtualization. You can adjust this setting just by right clicking the Comodo icon in the taskbar. I personally prefer the Full V setting as Untrusted will let some malware deposit files (innocuous, but are annoying) on the drive. Full V will let malware play in the Sandbox- so you will see stuff in Task Manager- but on either sandbox purge or system reboot it/they will be gone.

You want to avoid Partially Limited as a number of different malware types can bypass it.

3). If you want sandbox notifications- as above open Advanced settings. Click on User Interface and check the Show notifications box.

4). And as it seems you are fond of popups, right click the Comodo icon and change the Firewall setting to Custom Ruleset. Now whenever anything wants Net access you will get an alert asking what should be done (allow/block).

5). Don't bother sandboxing the browsers. It really is more trouble than it is worth.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Actually, using Limited is enough to stop most (if not all) stuff that otherwise bypasses Partially Limited mode...

13. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

I'm thinking of giving this another shot only this time by custom installation to avoid GeekBuddy and other unwanted junk.

14. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Dragon is not a junk.

15. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I agree in part. Not junk, but I don't see why someone would use it over Chrome, given it lacks the built-in Flash player and PDF player, and Chrome's sandbox.

16. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I do see cause not everyone like Google plus Dragon eliminated all those settings that could lead to privacy issues.
    And there are PrivDog and SecureDNS included..... ;)
    BTW, Dragon is built on Chromium...doesn't it also have a "sandbox"?

17. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I believe the sandbox is Chrome only, developed by Google. Plus Chrome's privacy settings are easily changed. Again, not saying Dragon is bad, just think Chrome has better overall security :)

EDIT: Chromium DOES have a sandbox, but still no built-in Flash, so I'm not sure if Flash for Dragon is sandboxed, plus still not built-in PDF (which is also sandboxed).

18. ellison64

Thanks for the informative post.Gonna install again today as i had problems with the browser sandboxing last time but as you say i dont think ill bother with it this time around as its too potchy getting my stuff to work with it..Regarding the sandbox/behaviour blocker notifications.If i untick "auto sandbox unknown applications" does it then turn off sandboxing altogether or will ask if i want to sandbox the application?.Basically i want sandboxing but i want a notification with an option to sandbox or not.

19. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

YIKES!!! Don't do that as it will turn off the sandbox. You can check easily by unticking the box, hit OK. Then right click the Comodo icon in the taskbar; if you then go to the AutoSandbox settings you will see it is Disabled.

Keep it at Full V. When Comodo sees an unknown app, on the subsequent popup you will note on the lower right a link to "Don't Isolate it Again". This will be your choice; just run the file again and it will be outside the Box.

20. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

I would definitely take Cruelsisters advice on this subject, she's been doing a lot of testing with Comodo sandbox settings over on MalwareTips. Plus to be honest the full virtualization setting is probably the strongest feature of Cis at the moment.

21. Solarlynx

Special thanks for this. I had to disable the Sandbox as I didn't know how to make it notify.

22. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

No it isn't since I was using it before installing the firewall.

23. ellison64

Great stuff.....have just reinstalled it....no problems so far ....nice and light...might be a keeper this time

24. guest

guest Guest

25. Solarlynx

Thanks! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.