CIS 6.1.x.x Releases!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Re: CIS 6.1.275152.2801 Released!

So is it normal? 200 bugs?
    There are beta testers, who are say "CIS 6 is buggy, Devs didint fix reported bugs, so why they make beta test... etc "
    I am not CIS beta tester but just it looks angry tester was right.

Also this build looks problematic. Is it normal for you?
    I read Comodo forums, many people are talking about new problems with new build.

Where is quality control?

I dont say CIS is bad, I am using it my machine. But I cant close my eyes

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Yeah, I remember RejZoR in his previous signature wrote that he is an official distributor of Avast. There's a link in his blog to official distributor of Avast in Slovenia. Repeatedly and annoyingly punching COMODO he

Attached Files:

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Your point being? I made the support forums for our distributor and i post occasional news about avast! here and there. And thats it. If you think i'm any less harsh to avast!, i suggest you start reading avast! forums and the avast! Feedback (and Evangelist section which is off limits to most but still).
    The only difference is, avast! does take my complaints seriously and they did fix pretty much all of them. Comodo? All they did so far was bug me with retarded bug report format and i don't think they ever took any of my advices or bug reports and fixed them properly. So, again, what was your point again?
    I stopped being all nice and defensive to avast! back with v4.8 because doing so only does more harm than good. And i haven't seen any less respect from the avast! team. Maybe they feel bad for that short moment but then they see i only want good for their product. The number of ideas, bug reports and enhancements is quite high from my side alone. And i really appreciate that. Which i can't say the same for Comodo. I also wanted all good for them but with their stupid attitude, it is what it is. A broken mess. Which exactly reflects their way of supporting the program.

4. guest

guest Guest

With all due respect, your particular crusade against Comodo/CIS in every single thread related to it (I'm not talking if you are right or not) is starting to be annoying, annoying in the sense we all have already heard you say the same things over and over... you don't need to repeat it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Oh, look at this now. It's annoying you? Awesome. Now you can (maybe) finally understand how i felt after getting constant repeatable "complaints" about writing bug reports in some lame "correct format" even though it had ALL the required info and more. And it never got fixed. Any other lame excuses in your sleeve?

6. Solarlynx

Sure, just like the victims of "RejZoR's Kingsoft Cleanup Tool 1.0" which was supposed to uninstall Kingsoft AV but uproots Kingsoft Office as well. The only replies from RejZoR was that it is the Kingsoft to be blamed that his tool is so awkward. No excuses and program development from RejZoR as he is always right.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm a single person. Comodo isn't. ~ Snipped as per TOS ~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  8. guest

guest Guest

Version 6.1.276867.2813 Released

Attached Files:

• CIS.PNG
      CIS.PNG
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Solarlynx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  10. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Re: CIS 6.1.276867.2813 Released!

Have you tested this version.?:D

11. Solarlynx

Re: CIS 6.1.276867.2813 Released!

Ha-ha no, I haven't tried this version yet. CIS on my main PC is been updating right now. I meant my PC with XP boots quicker and seems to be more responsive with DW than when there was CIS 2801. And I like to have there DWPF since it's less obsessive.
    :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  12. The Red Moon

Im going to wait a while before using v6.
    Hopefully the feedback will be positive.

Great program.:thumb:

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts. Let's Focus On The Topic and Not Bashing Each Other. Thank You!

14. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'm hoping so too, as so far running version 6 on one of our machines has not resulted in any issues as of yet and I'm seeing improved performance. Was having some unexplained intermittent lagging with version 5 for my network connection. This seems to have resolved itself following the install of version 6, but I'm not discounting this could be a coincidence.

15. The Red Moon

Im using v 5.12 for now as it seems a stable release.

Just looked over at the comodo forum and there does seem to be still problems with the latest release.

I think it was released too early and should have had more beta testing.

16. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Never had luck with 6 version of CIS.Already tried it 4 times,in different combos with Avast free,Panda Cloud Pro,AVG free and the whole suite...and each and every time,the result was the same.At a certain point,when a pop up from CIS appeared,CIS was becoming unresponsive and freeze all my screen...every time a forced reboot.The pop up i'm talking about is not referring at a particular program,was a random one sort of speak.So i'm sick of trying CIS.At least for a while,who knows....

17. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

Installed Comodo FW 6.1.13008.2801 (Firewall\Defence+only) last week in Windows 8 Pro 64bit.
    Working fine so far!

18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Since some users are commited to spending more time with Win 8 now you think Comodo. in all its Techno time might give top priority to refining the basics.

19. Cyrano2

Cyrano2 Registered Member

Updated to 2813, no problems so far in Win8 x64 :p .

20. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

G'day RejZoR,

IF Comodo doesn't want to listen to your bug report no matter how many times you've tried so hard by following the correct bug format report issue on Comodo forum, however you're entitle to stop using CIS software at any time if they won't listen to you by all means just say ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ OFF! ;) :D

You had great support from Avast forum as I've seen you posted problems and issue on the Beta forum because they listen to you and other things as well from time to time over the years, so for another words IF you're getting great support from Avast than what the point if using CIS and stop wasting you're time with Comodo over a bug format report issue when Avast does listen to you. IF Comodo wants to behave like an arsehole to you over a bug report format issue on the forum just walk away and stop wasting you're time with them, just stick what best for you and have a bloody drink RejZoR ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

What's your take on that version so far. Same specs here but with the ver. b4 2813 the app would freeze up when alerting from the HIPS feature of it. Gonna install this latest one today and see if that particular issue is been nulled or not.

22. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

So i see now that i'm not the only one with that freeze thingie...

23. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I've been getting system freezes with the new version on Firewall alerts- not every time by any means, but enough to be disturbing.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  24. Cyrano2

Cyrano2 Registered Member

Totally stable, not a single hiccup :) .

25. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That's right, and in the brief hours its been installed IT IS not repeating (so far) those previous paralyzing moments during alerts, however once again, its apparent that routine system performance throughout Win 8 is experiencing a minor delay hit upon performing the usual simple tasks such as opening folders/files etc. Almost akin to some AV's but not yet to a point of frustration. Maybe I can do some shuffling via a defrag and file placements to make it a tad bit snappier, we'll see.

I do like this App and since Windows 8 is so new yet, there's no HIPS available (that I solidly favor) aside from CMfw and the AV's HIPS don't exactly win any enthusiasm to make that choice here.

So far though, so good. Got a lot of close examining to do yet but who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.