CIS 5.8 private beta preview

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot posts removed.

2. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Victek- For reasons that don't pertain to this board I need to accumulate zero day malware on daily basis. For kicks in my free time I do test these against various AM products (in a dedicated malware box, and not a VM).

This morning I ran a number of links vs CIS. Some were blocked by the AV module triggering a popup (like every other AV that I've seen). Those malware that the AV did not have signatures for yielded the D+ sandbox alert, which can be set not to popup. In no case did the system become infected.

This hardly constitutes a Suite that should only be used by Geeks Like Us. Quite frankly they were the most innocuous alerts possible, with the only choice being to click Ignore on the BIG RED virus alert.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Every security program has to draw a line somewhere regarding user interaction. The general trend has been to move away from requiring the end user to evaluate pop-ups because most can't. That doesn't make Comodo D+ "wrong", but it's debatable whether users who are not advanced hobbyists ( like us :D ) can use it. In my experience the average user simply cannot evaluate a security pop-up and the result is less security not more. It's enough for the end user to renew the subscription when it expires.

4. guest

guest Guest

Somebody said that D+ and the fw hasn't been updated lately, please take a look to the change log.
    About the sandbox, right now is based on restrictions, so there is no much more to improve, and this is why comodo is working on a sandbox solution like sandboxie (it's a rumor)

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It's a fairly well grounded rumor. Even in the video he says "No full virtualization yet" implying that it may be coming. Then again, with Comodo, "yet" or "coming" doesn't mean a whole lot (looking at DACS here.)

I don't find Comodo overly-noisy. I find it at the level of being bearable. I think it could be less noisy.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I'm sure we will hear in good time what is fact and what is rumour as the development progresses to public beta and then final release. Until then in closing thanks to all contributors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.