[Chromium download] Can you?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

So, I went to -https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?path=Win/ and picked up the latest build available.

I'm directed to a new page, where I get these options: chrome-win32.test and public-read.

I clicked the public-read link, and then I tried to download -https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/Win/128594/public-read/mini_installer.exe

I couldn't. I get the following error:

Code:
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access denied.</Message>
    </Error>

If I try to download with the downloads manager, it says I need to enter credentials in order to download the file. The same applies to the zip file. I suppose it applies to any other file...

Do we now need credentials to download Chromium snapshots? o_O I didn't need them yesterday, and for the last... what... ~3 years? :argh: o_O

Can you download it?

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i tried the page with Firefox but it becomes unresponsive.

some javascript is bugging out, plus the page seems to be very big.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

same result like yours, wants credentials

4. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

5. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

6. m00nbl00d

Thanks folks. I suppose it's a good thing that it's not just me.

I hope this is nothing but a glitch on their side... I'll try it again tomorrow or in a couple days.

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The 128572 and 128507 do not have any kind of ZIP files in it. The 128476 does have a ZIP file. :D

8. m00nbl00d

Well, everything is still the same. It's impossible to download. I still need credentials. :mad:

I don't know if this is only some weird moment, but if this is how it's going to roll from now on, then Chromium is gone from my system. I won't register for anything. o_O I actually wouldn't know where to register, even if I wanted. lol

Isn't it a bit ironic? An open source browser/project with closed access? :blink: :ouch:

I don't know, maybe this is standard practice... :doubt:

-edit-

The only valid search result I'm getting is for this same thread that I started. lol I can't find anything else mentioning issues with Chromium downloads.

9. hogndog

What's up with registration? i downloaded a copy that works without any of that nonsense. Something in your security settings perhaps, my only security is Sandboxie and Windows Defender. Did you try that link i posted yesterday? o_O

10. m00nbl00d

Have you paid any attention to what's been discussed in this thread?

For some unknown reason, the official sources where we can download Chromium demand credentials to download it.

The link you provided is for Softpedia. And, to be honest, I didn't even waste my traffic trying to figure out if it's version build is on pair with this: -https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?path=Win/128732/public-read/

But, even if it is on pair with it, don't you find weird that none of us can download from the official links? o_O I have highly doubts it has anything to do with any implement security on our side.

Have you actually bothered to download from here: -https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/Win/128732/public-read/mini_installer.exe ?

Give it a try. See if you can download.

You could be yourself hosting the portable version of Chromium, it still wouldn't change the fact we can't download from the official links.

Mentioning Softpedia is unrelated with not being able to download from the official links.

I apologize if it sounds like I'm mad at you, because I'm not. But, have you actually tried to download from the official link?

11. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It's done with a buildbot, they're probably changing layout (they've done that before) and it's screwing things up.

12. hogndog

I've never used that site before, is there a reason behind it, i mean is it supposed to be safer? o_O

Thanks..
    Hogndog

13. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It's the buildbot dedicated to getting Chromium updates out every 10 minutes.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Same here, just tried again today and cannot download anything since build 128476. :D

15. m00nbl00d

Anyway, it seems someone else reported it -https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=119914 16 hours ago.

It really must have been one big screw up, because after 16 hours it's still the same. o_O I hope they fix it soon. I mean, I need my "fix". o_O :D

16. hogndog

Thank you.. :)

17. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

now it's working for me. Seems problem solved

18. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

Yep, snapshots are now working. Continuous is still broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.