Chrome "Strict Site Isolation" broken, how you guys get round this problem?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chrcol, Mar 30, 2018.

1. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

So I enabled Strict Site Isolation in chrome, however if its enabled whenever I type a search term in the omnibox then the tab will crash when trying to search. If I select the omnibox and then hit enter to retry the search it works.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know of a fix?

2. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

I'm not seeing that issue, either in Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) or 66.0.3359.66 (Official Build) beta (64-bit).

3. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

First off, image your system drive/partition. Just in case.
    Next, try Chrome Cleanup Tool: https://dl.google.com/dl/softwareremovaltool/free-range/win/chrome_cleanup_tool.exe

Note: I haven't tried such tool or faced your issues before so...

4. noway

noway Registered Member

Works fine in 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)

5. 142395

142395 Guest

Haven't ever experienced that. Does it only happen whey you enabled strict isolation and will disappear when disabled?

6. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

exactly correct.

Now I know others dont have this issue, I can try toggling other flags to see if there is a conflict or perhaps a conflict with an extension.

Thanks

What I just replied to my bug report which they treated as tech support issue not a bug report. (answers also the above suggestion to run the cleanup tool)

Also I have tested all the extensions disabling doesnt prevent the crash, so now I am left with testing individual flags to see if they conflicting.

Now also tested with all experimental flags cleared (default) and only strict isolation enabled, tab crash still occurs.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  7. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Fixed

had --process-per-site set in the batch file that starts chrome, clearly conflicting.

8. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

Is SSI enabled by default now in the last version of Chrome. I enabled it weeks ago, but forgot how to get in there to see if it is still a option to turn SSI on.

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Its disabled at the moment,but there is a search option within chrome flags to help navigation.

10. Dragon1952

I just did a search on SSI after my last post and found
    1. Type chrome://flags in the address bar and hit the Enter key. So it looks like it is disabled by default like the red moon said.

11. Dragon1952

I should disable SSI because it is not needed now and might be causing problems in Chrome. It does not look like people are getting SSI attacks right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.