Chrome Stable channel updated

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Page42, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

It probably is a new UI tweak.
    Good eye.
    I like it too.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The Stable channel has been updated to 23.0.1271.91 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and ChromeFrame platforms.

This version fixes several issues including:

No audio from Flash content when speaker configuration is set to Quadraphonic (Issue: 159924)
    Aw, Snap renderer crash on Windows Server 2003 (Issue: 160559)

Security fixes and rewards:

Please see the Chromium security page for more detail. Note that the referenced bugs may be kept private until a majority of our users are up to date with the fix.

Occasionally, we issue special rewards for bugs outside of Chrome, particularly where the bug is very severe and/or we are able to partially work around the issue:

[$1000] [152746] High CVE-2012-5131: Corrupt rendering in the Apple OSX driver for Intel GPUs. Credit to Justin Drake.

And back to your regular scheduled rewards:

[$1000] [156567] High CVE-2012-5133: Use-after-free in SVG filters. Credit to miaubiz.
    [$500] [148638] Medium CVE-2012-5130: Out-of-bounds read in Skia. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
    [155711] Low CVE-2012-5132: Browser crash with chunked encoding. Credit to Attila Szász.
    [158249] High CVE-2012-5134: Buffer underflow in libxml. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Jüri Aedla).
    [159165] Medium CVE-2012-5135: Use-after-free with printing. Credit to Fermin Serna of Google Security Team.
    [159829] Medium CVE-2012-5136: Bad cast in input element handling. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Inferno).

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The Stable channel has been updated to 23.0.1271.95 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and ChromeFrame platforms.

Security fixes and rewards:

Please see the Chromium security page for more detail. Note that the referenced bugs may be kept private until a majority of our users are up to date with the fix.

[161564] High CVE-2012-5138: Incorrect file path handling. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (Jüri Aedla).
    [$7331] [162835] High CVE-2012-5137: Use-after-free in media source handling. Credit to Pinkie Pie.

Congratulations to Pinkie Pie for completing challenge: 64-bit exploit.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The Stable channel has been updated to 23.0.1271.97.

8. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

I'm not sure where to ask this, but is anyone else getting an "extension error" with HTTPS Everywhere recently? If I enable developer mode I get the message "This extension failed to modify a network request because the modification conflicted with another extension" under it. The only other extensions I have at the moment are ABP, ChromeIPass, and Do Not Track Me.

9. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

IDK about chromePass, but the other two extensions use webrequest API, which HTTPS Everywhere uses. So I'd say it's Do Not Track Me conflicting.

10. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

Just re-installed Chrome after having been using Chromium for a little while and I noticed that the installer now installs into the Program Files folder by default rather than AppData. Don't know if anyone has noticed this, but thought I'd give it a mention.

11. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Correct. I am running Version 25.0.1364.5 dev-m and it installs there, so all subsequent ones will also.

I tend to run dev versions because they have fixes much faster, and exploits are patched almost immediately. Although I prefer Chromium, Chromium doesn't auto update. Not a fan of autoupdates, but I manage far far too many computers to not have it.. Updating Chromium every week was becoming a nuisance.

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The Chrome team is excited to announce the promotion of Chrome 24 to the stable channel. Chrome 24.0.1312.52 has been updated for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame.
    This release also contains an update to Flash (11.5.31.137) as well as improvements in speed and stability.

13. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Now if they'd just update the Beta channel, lol. I'm still stuck on 24.0.1312.52, which is still labeled as beta and according to Google Update, still the latest they have for me.

14. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Well I don't know about you guys, but this time Chrome's update messed up my browsing big time. Clicking on any of my bookmarks would show me the opening page after 1 full minute! I've tried disabling my AV's webguard, opening Chrome without Sandboxie all to no avail. IE works perfectly well which means it is definitely Chrome's latest update.

I've just restored an image with Chrome before the update, and it is working normally. Anybody else experiencing these problems with a solution?

15. DBone

DBone Registered Member

It's working fine here.

16. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Not the same issue you have but Words with Friends on Facebook refuses to load with ver 24. Chrome 23 and 25 dev build work fine.

17. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The Chrome team is happy to announce the promotion of Chrome 25 to the beta channel for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame. Chrome 25.0.1364.29 contains a number of new improvements, including:
    • Improvements in managing and securing your extensions
    • Continued testing of search and the new tab page
    • Better support for HTML5 time/date inputs
    • Javascript speech API support
    • Better WebGL error handling
    • And lots of other features for developers
    :thumb:

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Did you get it to run okay, Osaban? :)

19. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Took them long enough, lol. Thanks, Page.

20. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Unfortunately not. Sometimes pages load up after a long time and at times they don't load at all. I was quite happy to stay with version 23, but the damn thing updates itself automatically. I'm using IE9 at the moment, I have sent a short description of my problem to Google, I hope with the next update they fix it. I might even try version 25 beta except I'm not really in the mood to investigate the problem, lately if anything happens I quickly restore an image.

21. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

25 is working pretty well for me, Osaban. 24 seems to have some problems with slowdown, especially on heavy sites like TheVerge, Chive and some others.

22. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've just done a quick search on the Internet and it is a real epidemic with machines running Vista. The browser is practically unusable with this update.
    Edit: They found the problem.
    This worked for me, and there are other possibilities if this doesn't work, one can check this link:
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/chrome/o2teiQaad9Q

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  23. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Have you disabled Google Update in Plug-ins?
    I see that you have found a solution via thread compositing (whatever that means), but I'm still curious about the updating.
    All Chrome updates have been remarkably stable for me, since the exasperating "Aw, Snap!" fiasco I was experiencing about a year or so ago.

24. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

If you don't mind, how is the scrolling when you go to Ars Technica? I find the scrolling for Ars Technica (as well as The Verge) really laggy/jerky even when using Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller.

Thanks!

25. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Well, on Chrome 25 just using the default options for scrolling, I didn't notice any real lag. I can't re-check right now because Ars has taken a dive and went poof. The Verge, well, I've nearly stopped going there. In the last week, no matter what browser I use, it's practically unusable. I don't know if they've screwed with the coding, put some crazy, large ads up that I'm blocking and are still trying to load, or what. But, that place is a nightmare, and that's after I use up most of my patience waiting for the front page to load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.