Chrome Prerendering Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pandorax, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandorax

pandorax Registered Member

I am using Chrome 17 stable. It has started loading some web pages in the background when i type url. I know that this feature added on new stable. But i didn't check "use instant search" box in options menu. Is it a bug or prerendering works without "instant search" on v17 unlike ex versions of Chrome?

The thing is, it has started today, and i have been using v17 stable since the beginning!

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

pandorax, yes, it is a new feature. This Chrome Update Adds Omnibox Prerendering and Scanning Protection article explains how to turn it off.

3. pandorax

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Instant search will search your default search engine when you enter something into the url bar.

Omnibox prerendering is an about:flag that loads a page that you've already visited once you start to revisit it.

5. pandorax

I know. But it wasn't like that before. You had to enable the instant search for omnibox URL prerendering. That's what confused me! I am reading Chrome blog after new releases etc. I thought "enabling instant search" was necessary.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

pandorax, you're welcome! Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.