Chrome not working with sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Walkers23, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Walkers23

Walkers23 Registered Member

I have installed Sandboxie 5.33.6 on my windows 7 PC, I can't seem to use google chrome with Sandboxie but other browsers such as FireFox and IE are working with it.

I'm not sure, but it might be my antivirus because before I was using Avast and google chrome was working with Sandboxie, but I changed my antivirus recently to Eset and chrome stopped working with Sandboxie.

These are the error messages that I am getting:
    https://ibb.co/SVQ3cqy
    Any fix to this?

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I have been using Sandboxie for 10+ years, and have been running ESET NOD32 on a couple Windows 7 machines along with SBIE for 8 of those years, so hopefully you know that it is a standard combination, and you discover the correct configuration. At the very least, make sure in the Sandboxie Contol window to select Configure|Software Compatability|ESET. Also (and this is probably too obvious for me to be mentioning), make sure that [chrome.exe] is showing under Forced Programs. Good luck.

4. Walkers23

5. Walkers23

Hello, I have just tried your suggestion, but still no luck getting chrome to work. I even added chrome and Sandboxie to my exception list on Eset.

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Not a good idea to exclude Chrome in ESET. FWIW, I am running ESET without any exclusions, so I know that is not necessary. Wait until member bo elam shows up. Bo knows these things. ;)

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Did you get it working, Walkers23?

8. Walkers23

Unfortunately, I did not get it to work. I have installed Microsoft Edge as an alternative to Chrome and I still get the same error messages, as of right now I'm just messing around with ESET settings to try and fix this issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.