Chrome has a malware problem, and Google needs to fix it

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Countryboy15

Countryboy15 Registered Member

Those are the ones I am most suspicious of, yes. There seems to be a lot of extensions there that look they were just a quick thought for someone and they spent all of 15 minutes on it. That and a whole lot of renamed and copied "alternatives" of bigger extensions. The Chrome extensions store and the Play store have a lot in common in that regard, the majority of it all being just plain trash.

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Google already made it annoying to use non-store extensions, I hate, that I have to enable this every time i start my browser. :mad:

Attached Files:

4. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

If you can take matters into your own hands and exercise at least some degree of control over your extensions, then that's the way to go:

Code:
    /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/ r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/*.css r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/*.gif r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/*.html r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/*.js r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/*.png r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/_locales/ r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/_locales/en_US/*.json r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/images/*.jpg r,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/3.*.*_*/images/*.png r,
    Code:
    /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/databases/chrome-extension_hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd_0/1 rw,
      /home/*/.config/chromium/Default/databases/chrome-extension_hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd_0/1-journal rw,
    This is for Lastpass. Version 3 will likely be around for quite a while, thus I wildcarded it as such.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.