Chrome Error Message with 4.06 and Win 8.1

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by silver0066, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Just upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit. When I close Chrome latest version, I get the following error message:

SBIE2205 Service not implemented: NtCreateProcessEx (8024)

I close this and I have to press another button to close Chrome.

Any suggestions?

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Chrome + Sandboxie = Redundant. Better use separately, especially on clean systems without need to restrict Chrome itself.

4. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I reported it to Sandboxie forums.

5. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I would not say that. It should be reminded that Sandboxie is also a HIPS/restricted firewall for the programs running inside a sandbox. As an example I just updated Java. (You can disable Java from Chrome plugins if you want.)

To test the version http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp ,
    sandboxed Chrome needed to allow jp2launcher.exe and java.exe to Run and Internet Access to java.exe to have that test application running.

As always a HIPS is a bother to use, but if you want be safer thats the way to go. Now Chrome might have sandboxed that java application too, but a hips it does not have.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Which is what I mean by "restrict Chrome itself" (could be better worded).

Personally, I would've find other means like not installing the program or disabling it. I just don't use Sandboxie that way much the same I don't use a classical HIPS.

Chrome actually does restrict itself and extensions + built-in plugins, but you don't have control over it like Sandboxie. It all depends on your needs, but compatibility (especially with better layered anti-exploit programs) and speed (less overhead like 5 second countdown) is more important to me.

Enough of the alternative I started (except on necessary replies), back to the error itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.