Choosing A VPN Provider

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by PooseyII, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nix

nix Registered Member

Well, since we were all so curious about Lana, I did some very minor digging and I can't find anything she's written that hasn't appeared before August 2010. Plus, no independent bio anywhere else besides the VPN review site cited. The same two or three articles on Technorati, which is user generated and has no real editorial oversight. So now, the burden switches to Ms. Holy :) Just saying.

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Yes. A joke. And almost as laughable as some of the other remarks that have been made about Steve.

3. caspian

There are several users who connect with Xerobank.....which does not leak DNS,

4. caspian

Can this be done with PC Tools Firewall Plus? What firewall do you use?

5. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

I run all my VPN connections now in Linux, mostly Ubuntu Lucid. You can use XeroBank's Shorewall recipe. Mostly, they're in VirtualBox Ubuntu Lucid x86 Desktop VMs on Ubuntu Lucid x64 Server+GNOME hosts. Try Ubuntu+VirtualBox -- you'll like it ;) You must have an old machine to play with, no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.