Chips in everything

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Prince_Serendip, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Peter Cochrane's Uncommon Sense: Chips in everything
    Thursday 5th September 2002 7:00am

A future of electronic tags and intelligence in everything - from our grocery packaging to our clothes to our bodies - raises big questions about privacy and security. Peter Cochrane's view may surprise you...

Almost every item of hardware, clothing and most foodstuffs now has a visible barcode which has become the primary means of identification at points of sale. Our purchases are universally swiped. The digital ID goes into a cash register to be recorded, totalled and printed on a receipt. The transition to this digital form has been rapid and non-threatening.

Read more.....

Note: I do not agree with this guy. The only chips allowed inside my body are for snacking!

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I think this guy's fulla horsechips.

Anyway, this means that when I buy my friends TV and plug it in, without going through 5 miles of beaurocratic red tape and probably paying new taxes on the purchase, it'll alert the authorities that it has been "stolen" so they can crash in my door late at night and drag me out of bed while I try to explain that I paid for the stupid tv. Great idea. Luckily enough, I've got this old 52 inch projection tv from the 70's that uses bulbs do the colors don't fade. I'll just keep it.

This fool can have all the electronic parts he wants imbedded in his body, Nobody's putting ANYTHING in me. Well OK if you can make me jump and run like the million dollar man that used to be on tv, I'll think about it.

3. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I won't be convinced until I see it operating at Woolworth's Pic'n'Mix counter. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.