chinese av

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by IBK, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I am currently confused, maybe some of you can bring some light: is Jiangmin KV2008 related in any way with Rising (AV 200:cool:? If yes, in which way?

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

only currently? o_O

i would do a search for ya, but i dont understand funny symbols. :D

however....

make any sense?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

yes, only currently :p, because until today it was clear for me. But today I got a package from one vendor, but it contained the product of the other vendor... :?

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i edited my post... see what you think IBK

and i doubt its only currently :D

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the word out of china, seems to be that JiangMin is better than Rising.

wish i could understand it all, Chinese/Japanese websites look soooo fun and friendly :)

best brand in china, apparently.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Bonding...:D

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

eh?

where is your input jeff about this chinese AV?

<Blank>

:D

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

no imput, you did good. Just happy I guess.;)

9. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

10. shek

shek Registered Member

Weird.

Just quickly look through several chinese security websites/forums used to go, I don't see any words about such things.

11. ink

ink Registered Member

Hi, Jiangmin, kingsoft and rising are three main local vendor in china, they are competitors without any cooperation. Jiangmin is the oldest, have some personal relationship with kaspersky, maybe the product, the new version offer the restore software. Kingsoft is the biggest software company in china, just on list in HongKong using their on line game affairs, they once used drweb engine long time ago, but now they design their own. WPS is another office processing software that dominate china market when microsoft office in not entering china. Rising is the soly security company like Jiangmin, they are the no.1 in china market now.
    In comparision, Jiangmin and rising is better than kingsoft right now, rising spend more money on support, the biggest call center and over 300 update server.

12. ink

ink Registered Member

The image contains kaspersky and some other anti-trojan software in china besides the three IBK mentioned. I also want to point out that Trendmicro is also a chinese vendor from Taiwan.

13. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I had thought that Trend Micro was from Japan.

14. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

hmm... TrendMicro is of Taiwanese origin (& still was). It's major shareholder is Taiwanese. TMicro is the only Taiwanese major player in the world AV market.

BUT... TrendMicro launched its initial IPO in Tokyo years ago, hence indicated as that. It got a Tokyo office, but administrative and R&D operation in Taipei & a technical center in Manila.

As for Jiangmin, Rising Sun & Kingsoft... a previous post in here did say it right that Kingsoft is the largest but Jiangmin for the past 18mths has a been upgrading their services. But KingSoft should not be far behind, once they got their kinks straightened out on their latest scanning technique improvements.

TrendMicro has a strong corporate following in PRC-China, and within the Pacific rim countries too.

15. midway40

Thanks for the info :) I used it for three years and all that time I had the country of origin wrong, lol.

16. clambermatic

...you're welcome.

:)

17. aluckystar

aluckystar Registered Member

As I know, no relationship.

If yes, well, they are both Chinese vendors. :D

And if you try both of them, you will find that they are totally different.

KV2008 performs better in the field of self-protection.

Even IceSword can't teminate its process.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

First time to hear some process not being terminated by IceSword. That,s really impressive.

19. midway40

What is this IceSword? I see there is a rootkit detector with that name from China. I just tried installing it and got an error.

20. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I do hate to disagree but trend micro was developed by a Taiwainees person it was done in california USA and then the headquarters were moved to Tokyo. TM is in reality a US developed AV.

Attached Files:

21. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Yes, a tool that can be used to find rootkits.
    http://www.antirootkit.com/software/IceSword.htm

22. ink

ink Registered Member

In 1998 it was on list as a taiwan based software company, then in 1999 on nasdaq. You may not fully understand what I mean a chinese company. Yes, it registed in USA, but the main developer and the director is chinese, If you asked steve, he would answer so. We would like to applause for every accomplishment our brethren make, we feel kindness when he make a speech in chinese. So, I hope this makes you more clear about my statement. It is the culture.

23. clambermatic

Wiki's informations on corporate details were utmost - scant. And Taiwan's currently listed global players does not fully details their innermost corporate maze either... i.e. HonHai (iPhone's OEM). Ask any Taipei based CFAs employed by the likes of Morgan Stanley/UBS/Dresdner, and I will bet on that.

Steve Chang (TMicro Chrmn) belongs to the pioneer crowd of Taiwanese digital entrepreneurs, along with Morris_C of TMSC et al. They're the handfull resulting from being associated with Texas-I; General Instrument; Lear-Siegler; WR Grace & others who had a long presence in Taiwan.

That's due to the brilliant groundworks laid down by then Minister P.K.Chiang in early 70s!

Way back in early 90s, TrendMicro isn't known as such but only as 'PC-cillin'. Even up to present in Formosa, try talking about TMicro & you got a blank stare...switch to PC-cillin and everyone knows it! That includes any "akongs & amahs" in Taiwan.

PC-cillin's seed was conceptualized in Golden State in the late 80s and that belongs to Steve_C, but the true work was started back in Taipei immediately right after.

Eva_C was one of the proponent of Nasdaq listing, only after PC-cillin was renamed into TMicro. And only after TMicro was IPOed in Tokyo... due to Taiwanese OEMs' global 'awareness' trend of the mid-90s!

The so-called Tokyo 'HQ' did had a sizeable staffings on programming R&D and also on corporate 'compliance'. The center of actions was in Taiwan & that includes almost all major corporate decisions.

PC-Cillin's corporate quartering can be compared with WANG Labs (since defunct) of Massachusetts, the foremost proponent of 'word-processors'. WANG is HQued in MA-USA but operational management is located in Taipei. See?

As for "TrendLabs" numerous office worldwide, a majority of those are established for the sole purpose of sales/service coverage. The latest i knew of, TLabs' office in Jpn/Tpe/MNL/USA were the ones into malware tracking works. But TMicro still has tie-up with one major Western malware-intelligence lab.

Btw... "ink's" post (just below this) were absolutely in the right direction. And i too, a true-Blue Formosan... am proud to be associated with anything branded as 'MIT'!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  24. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I noticed an article on Rising...

Here are a couple of excerpts from the article..

++++++++++

Anti-virus firm Rising to challenges

"The traditional anti-virus product is defensive and our vision is active. Previously, virus often infected computers only because users forgot to update virus definition," said Mao Yiding, Rising's vice president.

"Rising is still the No. 1 in the market but rivals are growing rapidly," iResearch Inc said in a recent note.

http://www.china.org.cn/english/business/228698.htm

25. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Joseph Wang from Rising has informed me that the major Chinese AV vendors do not have any significant co-operation with each other. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.