Chinese AV company busted creating viruses

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Martijn2, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

FYI - The last 7 registrations on this forum and the last 5 posters in this thread are the exact same person - all posting "support" for Rising. Funny that... It's bad that people accuse someone unjustly, but, it's okay to register multiple member accounts on this forum to post support for that same group or person. :blink:

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I guess I must be the only one here who isn't really suprised, if the story is true.

With AV being subscription driven, one would have to assume that a certain portion will "ensure" thier subscription rates stay up, by what means is anyones guess.

Of course we may never know who is doing what, only that some will and some won't, or maybe they all are in conspiracy together, who really knows.

It is, for me, just another sign of the times. Computer security has gone from being something that a few companies specialized in for the greater good (and of course to make a buck) to being a free-for-all frenzy of how to build the biggest wall-o-protection, often pushed along with fear tactics.

If it ain't lean and mean and able to be a one-off purchase, it ain't for me. Subscriptions are the bane of software IMHO. But thats just me ;)

Sul.

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

I'm Not surprised at all...:D

4. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

here it says:
    where there's smoke there's fire
    Individuals feel they have to defend something you can not defend...

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Hola Sensei,

I'm glad that you are watching the store! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I hope you assigned a suspended death penalty to that bugger. :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~comment removed~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  6. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Create viruses so your the first to detect them. I always wondered if any of the AV companies were guilty of this to stay ahead of the competition. Maybe their even making behind the scenes deals with the malware coders.

7. jelson

jelson Registered Member

They are crimes people greatly fear and don't understand because computer processes beyond their understanding in a sort of "black magic" sense. Thus, the punishments tend to extreme and unreasonable. People understand "ordinary crimes" and can both relate to and understand them. People are wierd ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.