ChicaPC-Shield - MBAM for Ladies...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by majoMo, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ majoMo

Thanx for this :thumb:

A very fortunate timely coincidence for me, as my MBAM trial only ran out yesterday :D

It accepted to ID & KEY immediately, & so far no probs ;)

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Moderators received a potential 'malware' link message and since I cannot send a Private Message (must be blocked to receive or just not turned on) to the person who reported, I will in here for anyone else's sake.

The link given by J_L above is NOT a malware site, it merely goes to a support page from Malwarebytes indicating that if you reached the page IP protection is disabled on your machine.

So, thanks first to the individual whom reported the possible link, appreciated :thumb: and I have attached an image for future people worrying.

TAS

Attached Files:

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

The Spycar link is flagged by a few, but I think it's legit since the original website was taken over. Someone can double-check.

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Checked that also, (did not see that little link I just clicked on the other, sorry) and nothing alerted on my system J_L

However, I am concerned about the links within the page, as there is nothing about 'Home/contact Us' etc. pages.

No link to try/buy on that page. And no, did not click any, unsure.

I had to click on the very top 'Welcome to Spycar' to go to 'home' (which is not marked as such] then had to scroll to bottom to see 'click here' for one step closer to getting Spycar.

Then you have to agree to terms/conditions.... never seen that before unless installing.

That's not a professional outlook IMO and therefore I was about to remove, until you edited it (thanks) after it can be fully verified.

LINK NOW REMOVED AFTER CONCERNS FROM PRIVATE MESSAGES.

Thanks,
    TAS

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Pretty sweet! I put it into MBAM and it worked. Now I have to scramble and tell everyone to get a key for MBAM.

6. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Has anyone ran or checked both chica and MBAM against malwares to see if they are exact the same or maybe some differences. I say this because why would 2 exactly of the same software be made and who would bother with chica when MBAM is the same?

Perhaps there could be some differences in detection or something.:cautious:

7. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

MBAM Pro activated for me. Hope they don't blacklist the key :doubt:

8. conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity Registered Member

@ roger_m :

I'm interested in your elaborating on this.

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

@Tassie_Devils: I was the one who didn't link to their homepage, but instead the download page for their spyware test files. They are meant to be detected, but not harmful if still the same as the old spycar.org.

It should indeed by "Welcome to Spycar", sorry about that. Google "Spycar test file" is how one should find it if interested. I only chose that source, because MBAM doesn't detect Eicar for some reason.

10. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

So assuming they don't blacklist the key, what happens in the future when I reinstall Windows? Is the key useless then?

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Ok I got website blocking.

12. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

I'm not sure. It might not activate after the giveaway is over. You could try to backup your license key located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then restore it once the giveaway is over

13. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

If it works as giveaways usually do you should be able to use the key on a given machine as often as necessary.

14. @Joxx

The giveaways from giveawayoftheday are usually only valid for that day, often with no (software) updates

@Brandonn

It is a gift, probably only valid in a time frame or until the number of free lisences are all used. I have saved it on an image, just in case.

@JRyder54

I did remove MBAM and re-installed in same image after free-deal period was over. All settings were remembered (also key). Next I used the remove MBAM completely program from the MBAM forum, rebooted and installed fresh. Key worked.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  15. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Last time I used GOTD (the product was Mamutu) I used the key severall times on the same laptop every time I reinstalled an image.

16. Yep should have said usually

17. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

isnt mbam available almost all the time for around $10-$15 for the lifetime licenses?

i think i bought 3x about a year ago from newegg on one of those deals but never really use anyway.

18. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I entered the key today and everything is working fine.

19. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Yes, officially it's $25 for a lifetime license but usually cheaper deals can easily be found. I like licenses for free, but perhaps it's better to support them if you can. It's a great deal for a lifetime license and selling lifetime licenses compared to yearly ones is financially less good for them.

20. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

I would grab the free licences while they are. One of the iconic lifetimers, Sandboxie, was just forced to change its policy.

21. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

It was a one day only offer for chicaPC?

22. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

23. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Lol, same here...
    So,
    How to enter genuine license in MBAM Pirated Pro?

24. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Wow, at least it's still working...

25. boombastik

boombastik Registered Member

go unistall malwarebytes and install chica pc shield.
    U have same protection, same updates , and no more messages that malwarebytes is pirated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.