CheckPoint to buy Zone Labs...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JimIT, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

http://msn.com.com/2100-1105_2-5124542.html?part=msn&subj=ns_2543&tag=mymsn

2. root

root Registered Member

I'm going to make a prediction. As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see many, many unhappy ZA users, much like what happened when Symantec bought out @Guard.

This is just a prediction and nothing else. :)

3. manythanks

manythanks Guest

I think I'll start using Kerio, every time a company merges the product does a nose dive into the s**t like @guard and also System Suit from Ontrack which was sold to v-com, I remember at that time I was assured by another user that v-com had good support, in the end they turned out like Symantec - stuff you and here's a new release buy it or the software you have already paid for last month is useless.

thanks

4. root

root Registered Member

I know what you mean. I don't want to come across big time negative here, but I cannot think of one of these takeovers that resulted in a better product with better support.
    Too bad for the consumers really.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

You're absolutely right root.

These things almost always end up with a less than desirable outcome for the end user.

Darn, and i just purchased a ZA+ licence last month! :'(

snowbound

6. manythanks

manythanks Guest

Changed my mind - I think I'll go back to Sygate, and always remember people when a company buy's out another the only reason is get rid of the competition.

thanks

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, but the good news is... If there are negatives regarding this it should take quite some time before we customers see them. Your 1-year license (or if you are like me and bought a 2-year license) should still be worthwhile for that period.

I'm not real worried as far as the short-term goes and as for the long-term, well I'm trying to keep positive until proven otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.