Checked Boxes

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dbuske, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbuske

dbuske Registered Member

I find that the protected ones stay checked (in black) and always stay on the list. Would it be possible to have the protected ones not show up on the list.
    It is tiresome to scoll down the long list every time to find ones in red.
    Just show me the unprotected problems and then I can take action on them, or at least give this as an option.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi dbuske,

I can't speak for Javacool on how easy this could be implemented.

Just wanted to welcome you to Wilders. :)

The items against which you are protected should be showing IMO, because you might want to uncheck one (or more) at some time.

Regards,

Pieter

3. dbuske

dbuske Registered Member

Well I suppose they could put in an option to show all blocked ones when one wants to check them. I feel it is inconvenient to have to scroll through that whole list.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Hi dbuske,

Apologies for maybe stating the obvious, but there is a "select all" button at the bottom of that window.

Regards,

Pieter

5. dbuske

dbuske Registered Member

The select all, selects all, and you press the button to protect from the checked ones. This is not the issue. The already blocked ones stay on the list and are basically in the way of finding the new ones to block.
    Do I have to scroll through that whole list each time to see the unblocked ones? This is just a pain to have to scroll through all those.
    I would like to see what is being blocked and definitely feel it is better to have currently blocked ones not on the list.
    Your current application model assumes people want to see them on the list every time. We download the new definitions and just select all, and press the protect button. I feel this is not good enough for the person who wants to see the new potentially blocked ones without going through 400 something items on the list.
    Do you see what I mean?

6. Pieter_Arntz

I see what you mean.

Let's wait and see if javacool can please you. :)

Regards,

Pieter

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well I did default the unblocked items to text that is bold and red, but I understand your point. ;)

True, I did not anticipate having as many items as are currently in the database. I'll add an option in the next version of SpywareBlaster (in the Settings area) to make it only show new items whenever an update is downloaded (all items would still be shown on program start). This option would not be the default, but would be there. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.