Changing HD hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by transco, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transco

transco Registered Member

I want to be very sure I can do this before I mess something up. Currently my system disk is composed of two SATA HD's in a RAID 0 configuration. What I am trying to do is replace these drives with a single EIDE (parallel) HD. The easiest way to do this would be to pop in a formatted HD on the parallel interface, move the contents of the RAID 0 disk to it, then pull the RAID 0 disks and boot to the new disk. I would like to keep the SATA drives and RAID 0 controller in reserve as an instant recovery tool, should something go wrong with the new disk; i.e. same computer, with two drive systems available... just in case. First, can I do this with True Image 8.0? and second, do I need to mess with Microsoft's Sysprep.exe, and , if so, which options do I choose?

If the above isn't possible, can I make a backup of the orignal RAID 0 disks, on a temporary drive, then rebuild it onto a single new , bootable non-RAID drive? :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.