Changing False Positive Result.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Labcenter, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labcenter

Labcenter Registered Member

Hi,

One of software applications is registering as a false positive with the NOD32 antivirus software.

We have tested the app in question against all other antivirus software without any problems - results screenshot from VirusTotal here : h**p://img106.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=68588_virustotal_122_886lo.jpg

Is there anything that can be done about this or is it an inconvenience that users of both software packages will simply have to live with ?

Regards,
    Iain.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please compress the file in question with WinRAR or another ordinary packer, protect the archive with the password "infected" and send it to samples[at]eset.com with "False positive" in the subject. Also we'll appreciate if you enclose the url the program can be downloaded from.

3. demonio

demonio Registered Member

Hello marcos
    I sent a false positive not yet correct
    falso positivo LG
    ;)

4. tlamming

tlamming Registered Member

Hello,

I'm also getting a false positive for a managed service agent that we are rolling out. Ive sent it to the email address above. The subject is "false positive" and the zip file is zcopy.zip

How long does it usually take for a sample to get whitelisted ?

Thanks!

Travis

5. tlamming

Guys, I'm getting false positives all over the place on this managed services client by Zenith infotech. Ive submitted a ton of files, but have recieved no response. What is the deal?

6. Marcos

The variant of zcopy.exe we have received at samples[at]eset.com is no longer detected, it was fixed a couple of days ago. If you have a newer variant that is detected with the latest signature database version, submit it to samples[at]eset.com in a password protected archive and "False positive" in the subject.

7. tlamming

Marcos,

I appreciate the reply. Would it make sense for me to zip the entire program directory so that you guys can scan it? There are multiple different file types that are getting triggered.

8. Marcos

Ok, if the archive is not too large, send it to samples[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject.

9. tlamming

Its kind of big, I'll try to send just the exe's that are triggering.

10. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

11. tlamming

Okay, I've sent some. This particular zip file is from the client that takes updates from the NOC and distributes them to workstations that are being monitored on the network. I'll send over some more false positives after that. The remote control aspect of these files must be what is setting off nod32, I suppose. Thanks again!

Travis

12. tlamming

Marcos,

just sent another file. Hopefully, this is the last one!

13. tlamming

marcos,

eset is finding another file from this company. Is there any way you guys can open a dialogue so I dont have to single handedly submit every single file that eset finds?

they are a managed services company. www.zenithinfotech.com

14. tlamming

more false positives for the same client. Ill email you.

15. tlamming

Marcos,

Did you recieve my email with the new file?

Should I just disable heuristics? Where are all of the config settings for that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.