Changes to YouTube’s Terms of Service

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Krusty, Nov 9, 2019.

1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I am pondering about it. I hate pondering but thats what I am doing. I can get rid of the annoyances when clicking to open a video by using this filter with ABP (youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-mealbar-promo-renderer). But to me, using the adblocker to get rid of one single annoyance (in a site thats important for me) is like switching one annoyance for another. So, either way I don't like it.

I use YT pretty much like you described. I have a few channels, I go there and click on a few videos and that's it. But I like going there often. Hardly ever go to the main page. Using that filter and nothing else in ABP, the only annoyance I don't get rid that I posted pictures of is the long strip at the top of the main page. Right now I have ABP installed and set that way in one sandbox but I shouldnt have to do this. .

Bo

2. Reality

Reality Registered Member

@bo, I'm in an "either way I don't like it " situation with a regular site I go to, which has just had a major overhaul and one which has basically blocked me lock stock and barrel unless I allow a bunch of stuff I didn't have to a couple of days ago. Will probably have to "move on" and with the constant changes YT's making I can see the day coming where enough is enough there as well. Every person has their line they won't cross and come to a hard decision. I'm afraid that's the ever changing internet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.