Changes long overdue for Spyware Blaster ease of use

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pcumming, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcumming

pcumming Registered Member

Changes long overdue for SpywareBlaster ease of use-also sent some suggested changes to Spybot developers re their software and ease of use.

Would be happy to contribute $150 toward your software (am unemployed IT Manager-and all I can afford) if you can do the following which would make many people happy:
    1. When people first run your software I would suggest including a button to auto-configure it with suggested defaults for protection. The way it is now, a user has to click on the various check boxes in all the categories (ActiveX, Cookies, Restricted Sites, etc..) to enable protection for those categories for IE AND Firefox (if installed). For the average PC user it is not intuitive enough. I have been around the block with software for a while.
    2. When a person clicks on updates, have it download the updates if there are any and apply them automatically. You can still of course have the paid version that automatically will download updates. And if no updates then say that, but applying them would help.
    3. Just a nit but perhaps a bug in free version. When a person clicks on "Click here to get Autoupdate" under update options you show a message of "Spyware Blaster cannot find the auto update module". You need to fix this (I think), - ie: ask them if they want to download the auto-update module and that the fee for use is whatever... On this window that I have there is a message at the top that says "Autoupdate is not enabled and is not ensuring....."
    Also state on the dialog that the paid version has auto-update features built in and whatever else..

I think this is a great product as is Spybot but both could be made a bit easier for new users.
    Perhaps partner with Spybot people with hooks into their software as well. Would make a great combo.....

Thanks for listening
    Peter

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

At the bottom of the first screen under Quick Tasks - click "Enable all protection" switches everything on in one go. :)

3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Hmmm, SB has one of the easiest and cleanest GUI of all sec. prog's - ill donate as soon as i can afford it (unemployed hitman) :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.