Change the GUI

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by STV0726, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

SecureAnywhere's great and all...but I am starting to doubt the current GUI's ability to effectively provide users with a real overview of their protection and how it actually works to keep them safe.

I think the rough GUI I have put together below would be better suited at helping consumers and businesses alike feel more confident with their choice of security software...

Removed by PrevxHelp, although the sentiment is appreciated :)
    ;) Please implement this ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

While I highly admire Joe's capabilities, he had helped me many times here on forum or during our remote sessions, I am against posting of whatever his private information like photos, surname etc. publicly. You have completely uncovered Joe's identity here on forum what is not good, at least to my liking. Do you know why users are using their avatars, nicknames etc.? Be sure if Joe would want to share with us his private data, he would have done it already. Yes everybody can use Google ... However it is solely his choice what to share with us and it should stay it in this way. BTW, why have you not swapped your avatar with your face? Probably because you don't want to be displayed here ...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  3. STV0726

Well that's gonna kill the humor for everyone, so I might as well defend myself anyway...

His picture was posted by other users through a link to a publicly available PC Mag article. He even confirmed it was "our Joe" in the picture and someone asked him about his nationality.

If you do any search for Prevx Joe you're going to find it.

I could make a thread about Dick Williams, CEO, and post his picture and e-mail address. Is that a privacy violation? No - he's a public figure and intentionally published that information.

I was always under the impression that Joe used PrevxHelp because he wanted to make it clear that he's here to help; not because he doesn't want us to know he's Joe. Heck, I only started calling him Joe being led by other users.

Well that's a shame. Kinda crushed when I saw your reaction. My only intention was to find a cute way to give a special thanks to Joe instead of a boring old message.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

No reason to be depressed from my reaction :D Lift your head up, you have very valuable posts on this forum indeed except this one :p

As I said spending a few minutes on Google and you can get a complete Joe's profile. That's not my point. I meant that you moved his identity on this forum beyond usual user identification level being presented in nicknames, avatars etc. something like pegas, STV0726 and others. However as long as Joe is fine with this, I am too.

Peace ;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

While I appreciate the sentiment, I think posting that particular picture would be against PC Mag's copyrights (as it's their picture) and I do try to maintain some shred of anonymity.

I'd also probably be against actually including that in the product as it would take up too much space ;)

7. STV0726

^ Best answer ever :D

All kidding aside, I know that I must sincerely apologize to Joe and everyone for posting this. While it was intended as a cute sentiment/funny joke, I see now that it may come off as childish in addition to violating Joe's identity on this forum. And for all of that, I am sorry.

As you can see when I posted it, it was late at night, and I was half asleep (as evident by the sloppiness of the picture), and I got a stupid idea that it would be a funny way to say "Hey, let's remember the main guy behind the magic!"

I have realized over using Prevx products since...oh what 2009-2010...that you guys really have created a new category of rating a security solution.

It's a category of overall experience - an overall experience that which sadly does not exist in most other products; hence why it is a category specific to Webroot/Prevx.

I never knew what it felt like to have an issue with a false positive, and have it fixed in just hours or less.

I never knew what it felt like to scan for malware -deeply- in under 2 minutes.

I truly love this product and I think most that use it love it too. It's hard to not fall in love with something that installs on 1 step...license key...boom you're done. First update? None. Install wizard with progress bar? None.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is so radically different that it makes security not only tolerable - but exciting. You guys could convince Steam to sell it as a video game. :D

Anyway, I am sorry again for the picture. I think you all know already but I want to reaffirm that it was not in any way my intent to violate anyone's privacy.

I guess Identity Shield needs a new option: Automatically remove pictures of you childishly pasted on forums. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.