Change log for Ccleaner 2 beta

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stapp, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I cant wait to try the beta.

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I hope it doesn't become "bloatware" in an effort to make it an "all-in-one-app." This has been my fave since 98SE...

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

from the link:

...and some other usefull improvements. Good to see that this fine app is getting even better :D I believe we'll have it in a few days.

5. 19monty64

Don't take my "bloatware" comments as negative. I'll dLo the 2.0 version as soon as it comes out of beta. I just worry that this handy app. may "evolve-to-compete", although the changelog does sound promising! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i think they should take out the registry cleaner.
    i no longer use registry cleaners since they could delete the wrong thing and screw up the computer.
    i recently uninstalled c cleaner and made a simple batch file to clean out temporory files instead.
    lodore

7. 19monty64

I stopped using (after re4mat) the registry cleaner also, but a right-click clean is easier for me than learning "a simple batch file"o_O

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello 19monty64,
    you just double click the batch file and it clears out all the tempory files.
    lodore

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

10. Seer

Seer Registered Member

The problem with registry cleaners is that they have one feature to much - automatic cleaning. They should operate only on 'detection' level, and leave the hard part to user - reviewing and deleting suggested entries. It's like with AV's, when a user is asked for each decision. FPs could be very destructive, whether they come from AVs or from registry cleaners.

So, in essence, registry cleaners are not bad, they are actually very usefull. You just have to pay them some attention :)

Cheers.

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi seer,
    yes i agree they can be useful but the fp rate for automatic cleaning is to high.
    so instead im just gonna use software that uninstalls cleanly so you dont need a registtry cleaner to clean up the mess.
    lodore

12. 19monty64

• For reg.cleaning I just use regedit...
    @WSFuser...thanx for the linx, I will give them another read when I have some "quiet-time"...

13. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I've always found the ccleaner registry cleaner to work well. It doesn't go to 'deep' like others and has never caused me any problems. Just make sure you back the registry in case anything does go wrong ;)

14. Carver

Carver Registered Member

If they take out the registry cleaner I will miss it, I use it every time I update some piece of software on my computer. I don't like registry cleaners that gives you every file in the regestry, you always forget you uninstalled this or that appy orther than the appy that promted you go get out the registery cleaner in the first place. In fact I probably use the registry part more than the cleaner part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.