Centrally managed backups

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by JDGILL, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDGILL

JDGILL Registered Member

I used to use Windows Home Server for backing up the PCs on the network but unfortunately the 2011 version doesn't seem too reliable - at least not for me so I've now set up a Linux based NAS as a central location for backups and shared content etc.

Anyone have any ideas of any backup software that can be centrally managed so that I can make sure that the client PC's backups have been run and if not run them remotely in the way that WHS allowed?

Imaging would be good (although I can do this manually if necessary) but just file/folder backups would be fine.

Cheers!

2. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Maybe "Central Management Console" from Easeus?

3. JDGILL

JDGILL Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion - looks to be more or less what I was looking for. I'm not 100% sure on Easeus however as it's not something I've used. The workstation download seems a bit on the heavy side ~114mb - a couple of the machines are pretty low spec. How light is Easeus on resources?

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

5. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Im using the latest workstation and i don't see any noticeable difference with or without it.
    Here is some info from "ProcessExplorer"

Attached Files:

6. JDGILL

JDGILL Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Downloaded the Easeus trial and pushes the CPU use pretty high during a backup but other than that it seems pretty good. I need to attempt a restore yet though :)

Thanks too pandlouk - there's stuff there I'd never heard of. Time for some experimenting I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.