Cell phones?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by twodogs44, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twodogs44

twodogs44 Registered Member

Does anyone know how to increase your bars for better use of cell phones?

2. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I don't quite understand your question... are you talking about signal bars?

3. twodogs44

I guess it is the signal bars, the ones that shows the ability to use the phone.

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

If you live in a bad reception area, I don't think there's much you can do...
    There are some aftermarket "signal enhancers" or "high power antennas", but I doubt they will be usefull...

Maybe you could change your phone. Sorry I can't help any more.

5. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Signal bars only usually tell signal reception, not Signal to noise ratio.

If its just in your home, some providers are offering local cell options, plug it into your broadband and you have an "in-house" cell site.

Otherwise, there is no real way to increase your signal reception, unless you have a broken antenna, or something like that.

6. twodogs44

Wilson Electronics has several magnet based antenna's that work great! I purchased one for total cost of about $50 and I went from 1 Bar to 3 1/2 bars and I live in a bad reception area in a brick apartment complex. The bars represent the reception factor. I would rate the Wilson products very high on the list. They can be found at wilsonelectronics.com

Dave

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Check out Howard Forums for all your wireless handset information. They cover every product and carrier! LOL

An extremely heavy forum with mega traffic. Good info, mods, and much more. Kept 100% Legal per TOS standards!

EASTER

8. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Are you loosing connection or roaming when making calls? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

9. twodogs44

I could not use the phone at home. All I got was a NO SERVICE message. Even outside I was getting dropped.. That don't happen any longer. The shop I got my antenna gave me 30 days to bring it back and get my money back guaranty. I am still using it and it is doing what I wanted it to do.

Twodogs44

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.