cell phone as a mass storage problem.Please help!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cet, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

Yesterday I bought a new phone.It is benq siemens EF71.In its book it says that if I connect it to the PC it is recognized as a mass storage.I tried; at first it was recognized but while windows was trying to install it something happened and something like this was shown:windows could not install it properly.After that windows did not see it as a new device and I can not use it.It is also not shown in the drivers so I could uninstall and install again.I cannot transfer anything into that damn phone.Any help will be appreciated.
    According to its book; the cell phone and its micro sd card has to be recognized as two different usb storage mass units,just like a flash driver.

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

WoW, that might be a stretch but not beyond the possibility of storing at least some data.

My Motorola is chalked full of Recorded Movie Video as well as open video taken anytime. You see i equipped it with a memory trans-flash card so it increased it's storage capacity, but aside from video/pics, i don't think i would be inclined to use it as storage for other extensions never intended although it wouldn't surprise me if i could.

Interesting thought and idea though. A pen drive would likely serve as a better medium for mass storage IMO. Handsets are still not out of the equation by any means. I use mine for storage as well as voice recognition, calls, GPS locator, and likely more features not even discovered yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.