CD Utility Toolbox Requests

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by spooker4u, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooker4u

spooker4u Registered Member

Been tossing around the idea of creating a CD or Thumb-drive with stand-alone utilities to use on "wounded" computers... such things as anti-virus, trojan scanners, etc... anything that I would be able to use in a safe-mode or cmd enviornment. I've had the "pleasure" of having to fix computers with no internet connection, or access to specific programs already installed. Although I've had this idea for a while, I'm very interested in knowing what anyone feels would be good programs to have to fix the "nasties" out there (I know, I know... i'm not being specific as to the type/form of nasties, but then again... I/you wouldn't know that untill you needed the utility dist ;-)

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

3. spooker4u

spooker4u Registered Member

SpikeyB,

That site was great... was un-aware that someone has put (obviously) a whole lot more thought into it that I had...Thanks much!

That shouldn't surprise me though... This idea of a bootable CD is a good one, but I'm still pursuing the idea of having a (similar) set of utilities that an individual could use that may not necessary include anything bootable, or even (for that matter) including anything M$. Don't know though... still looking for other replies to the post.

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.