CD drive tool (freeware)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jnibori, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnibori

jnibori Registered Member

I was looking for freeware which would allow me to open AND close my CD CD-RW drives from my desk top/tray. Somebody responded with this program, which I thought I’d pass on, just in case there are people as lazy as me.

http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/58547.html

2. controler

controler Guest

Just go to your computer resale store and buy a used HP multimedia keyboard.
    Then go to HP's Web site and download the drivers.
    You will then have short cut browsing keys, volume control, CD open and close functions.
    They sell these K/B's for about 10 bucks

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Ive got an HP multimedia keyboard on my OLD computer, and it has spyware in the drivers. If you delete or disable the spyware, all other functions cease as well.

4. controler

controler Guest

I have not seen the spyware yet but I forgot to mention something I mentioned along tome ago here. I use Logitech Keyboards and mice, the cordless ones :D

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I think the particular ones with spyware such as mine are "Netropa" Of course, the keyboard doesn't say that one it, just HP, but the drivers etc are Netropa and definitely spyware :-(

In other words, I am sure there are other HP keyboards with such options that aren't Netropa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.