CCleaner's utility 'Duplicate Finder'

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have 3 USB hard drives with lots of duplicate files. and I wish to do a cleanup job. Is 'Duplicate Finder' safe and reliable? Has anybody used it?

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i recently used "easy duplicate finder 2.1" from my collection to find dupes (hash based). still works. but not the latest builds are for free i guess:
    https://www.easyduplicatefinder.com/history.html (right side to chose)

for duped or similar images you need another solution. i dont know ccleaners feature because i dont use it that often in general

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks, I'm going ahead anyway with CCleaner, I didn't realize the number of duplicates I have been amassing through the years in my quest of safeguarding any loss in any contingency. One USB drive had 1.2 GB of data which dwindle down to 500 MB after cleaning... So far it is not easy to assess whether the whole operation was without any problems, it is a real case of hopefully not throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

sorry for the information above, i tried some of the setups from page, but none is free. so i searched and found this one
    https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1334
    the file is clean
    anyhow its a special build and no original (i can spend.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.