ccleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hans 01, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans 01

Hans 01 Registered Member

Hi, was advised (in this forum) that the ccleaner was a good free tool for cleaning up win.temp files. So it was.
    However, when I scanned for something called "issues", I received 2 pages of missing stuff, including a missing Startup Program named c:\program files\RapidBlaster\rb32.exe.
    Now, as I understand it, I don't want this one. I installed Spybot to get rid of it.
    There were also a bunch of missing "shared dll" files.
    Can anybody PLEASE help me understand this.
    IE, what are shared dll files?
    What happens if I select the option "fix problems" in the ccleaner program?
    Thanks,
    / H

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Shared DLLs info

Shared DLLs

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs

This registry key contains references to shared DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries). DLLs are used to store functions that can be called by programs to perform certain tasks. They can be shared by multiple applications to reduce memory and disk space requirements.

If a shared DLL is deleted or moved to another folder, the functions that are stored in this DLL become inaccessible to applications because the corresponding registry entry in the SharedDLLs section no longer points to the actual location of the DLL. This can cause problems for the applications that use functions stored in the missing DLL file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.