cc dramas

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Gerard, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerard

Gerard Guest

G'day all

I love NOD32 it's so easy to setup, it runs very quietly in the background so much so that I tend to forget that its even there! Sometimes I gotta go do a manual scan just to reassure myself that it exists and really is there! So easy to update! Hotdamn that automatic update is good! :'( Oh woe is me!! Trouble! Sackcloth and ashes!!!
    At about the time my current licence expired (a popup warning that your licence is about to expire would be a good thing) Nod32 begin to hang at startup, if I leave the puter alone for approx ten minutes NOD32 will finally kickin, however when it reaches the CC it freezes and hangs I have to cancel CC with task manager! I have deleted the original then done a reinstall using the latest version. Same thing still happens, CC hangs on the password entry screen so I can't even enter my new password and username!!
    Please please please does anyone have any answers? I am a shadow of my former self distraught with grief! If I cannot resolve this I shall have to withdraw from the world or do something else suitably drastic!! Yes I think it really is that good!! :D :rolleyes: The only other thing to change on my system was the addition of ADSL with TELSTRA, NOD32 did work initially after it was installed.
    I thank any and all for any forthcoming advice may you continue to be blessed under a NOD32 banner!

Regards Gerard

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Two questions:

1. Did you install some new software shortly before the problem appeared first time ?

2. Already tried to remove and reinstall NOD32 ?

3. Gerard

Gerard Guest

Hello
    1.See initial post re:installation of ADSL.
    2.See intial post re:uninstalled NOD32 and reinstalled latest version, however I must acknowledge that after using the NOD32 uninstaller although I did do a restart I did not delete (if) any left behind files. I will attempt to do this tonight. Thanks for the reply.

Regards Gerard

4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

I'd put my 5 penny on some strange conflict between CC and your ADSL software. Good reason to ask Eset guys for tech support.

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Eset has been informed concerning this problem in the meanwhile ;).

regards.

paul

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I had the same problem after installing ADSL with Telstra's CD, solution was to only install the ADSL modem and ditch Telstra's CD. This was on a fresh install of windows. Mind you it took 2 days and 4 installs of windows to discover this grrrrrrrr :mad:

Blackspear.
    Knowledge is power,
    Power is strength,
    Always make your stand from a position of Strength.

7. Paul Wilders

Welcome Blackspear,

That's real valuable info! Thanks ;).

regards.

paul

8. Blackspear

No problem Paul, after 3 calls to Telstra, we eventually got through to a tech that knew what he was talking about, he said the ADSL installer should have known better than to install the Telstra CD, once we discovered this it was an absolute breeze. The op sys was XP Pro, it was taking 5+ minutes to start windows, and windows would not shut down, it would just hang. I let Rod know, and he said he was going to pass it on down the line. I have had a few PC's do the same with XP Pro since then, and used the above solution to resolve.

9. Paul Wilders

Blackspear,

Seems like Telstra didn't pick up the message - or at least the ADSL installer didn't. Could have saved Gerard for example a lot of trouble..

Thanks again!

regards.

paul

10. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi,

we are looking at it too...

jan

11. Paul Wilders

Thanks Jan! ;).

regards.

paul

12. Blackspear

This will be an ongoing problem unless Eset can figure out what the CD does, as Telstra contracts out installation, and some of the installers use the CD. The same installer went through 3 of my customers in a row, we went through each after he had left and they called us. The problem being there are hundreds and hundreds of these contractors out there and Telstra themselves are no help 75% of the time (well my experience, 3 out of 4 calls to the service centre) :D

13. Gerard

Gerard Guest

Hello all
    Thanks for the replies. I have deleted the Telstra software which then allowed me to put in my new password and get CC working again but unfortunately Amon still hangs for 5 mins or so. However i believe that is now due to XP (xtra problems) :'( corrupted system files as i have other problems like microsoft updating problems etc.
    As seen above in other replies, the telstra techie did say there has been several people with the ADSL software causing issues. Unfortunately it was 3am in the morning so i don'i remember most of what he said except that the problems seem related to something called a "virtual adapter" in the telsta software. Thanks again people!

Regards a windows 98SE fan :D

14. exe

exe Guest

I have had the same problem on XP.
    The only way I have got around it is to hide the amon banner on startup.
    to do this go to amon,
    then go to the security tab, then unclick display Amon on the taskbar.
    You need to put in a password to get this to work, and its a bit annoying if you want to change amon setting, so get them right.
    It has happened on XP pro and XP home for me.
    Not on every XP, just some. may have had something to do with DSL.

btw for DSL I really recommend raspppoe over native XP DSL and Telstra's peice of crap. search for it on google.

dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.